T6 Fuse panel layout - Engine and Cabin

Jez

Hi there.
Does anyone have a fuse panel layout for a T6 for the engine compartment and the cabin.
I read my manual that VW did not publish a layout when the vehicle was delivered because it was still under development.
It is pretty disappointing because there will come a day when a fuse will blow, I will have my family in the car and be in the middle of nowhere and all it would have taken to get back on the road is a simple fuse replacement. But you need a fuse panel layout to show you where the fuse is located like every car in the history of automobiles!
Anything would help please, mine is an Australian delivered Transporter TD400 4motion, but any layout will do, they couldn't be that different.
Thanks

If you pay to become a vip member that and a few other things become available to you in the vip section. Money well spent(and helps keep the site running as silky smooth as it does:))

Checkout the downloads section theres a few bits in there some of which is only available to VIP members
The fusebox listings have some generic descriptions on some items (ie onboard control unit ones) and this is currently being updated, i am hoping to have a new version finished in a couple weeks thats a lot more accurate and pinpoints a lot more stuff
If i pull anymore fuses out of my van for testing i think its going to explode, never seen so many errors when i scanned it VCDS afterwards :eek:

I had a boat load of errors when my tow electrics stopped working, started pulling everything out! Soon reset them though, all gone now.

I blew the interior light fuse last night whilst changing the footwell (side door) bulb to an led one, I can't beleive that VW do not include a basic fuse map and the only way it would appear (after a sleepless night of research) I can get a fuse map is by becoming a paid member of the T6 forum, surely this cannot be right, after all I paid a fat load of money for the thing?!
Talk about frustration.....................................
VW, this isn't good enough!

Last edited:
I hear what your saying and agree VW should provide at least a basic fuse guide !

Please keep in mind the forum has no funding or source of income, memberships are our only source of income and this is what pays our hosting fees and software subscription fees to allow us to keep going and growing

Oh and it’s fuse 5 you need in the lower dash fusebox counting up from bottom left, should be a 7.5a fuse :thumbsup:

Oh and it’s fuse 5 you need in the lower dash fusebox counting up from bottom left, should be a 7.5a fuse :thumbsup:
On paid membership of the T6 forum, I have no issue regards that for the extras one gets and to support the forum though we VW T6 owners should net accept VW do not supply a basic fuse map, do any other manufacturer do the same, if so I've never come across it? I mean we're talking basic fuses here and in my opinion VW should do better for their owners, many of whom (me included) love our T6 vans (in my case Campervan) - rant over.

41539621_2017147005016531_2226664737356120064_n.jpg

2017 panel van cant find fuse for top of dash 12v, have replaced 15a halfway on right but that was the 12v near gear shift and research found it was supposed to be Sc20 but mines different any clues''''''''
41562201_10160758090855004_7484809970249105408_n.jpg

Top dash socket fuse is a 15a under seat bench

If you have a factory leisure battery that is . . .

If your going in blind......

You can use a multimeter or a low current automotive 12v test light......

With the ignition on you can test each fuse in turn... in situ...
by touching the top of the pin of each side of the fuse.... in turn.

A good fuse will have power on both pins....

A blown fuse will show power on only one side.

It's just a guide as some circuits will not be powered at that moment.

Have you found that fuse yet . . . . . ?

If your going in blind......

You can use a multimeter or a low current automotive 12v test light......

With the ignition on you can test each fuse in turn... in situ...
by touching the top of the pin of each side of the fuse.... in turn.

A good fuse will have power on both pins....

A blown fuse will show power on only one side.

It's just a guide as some circuits will not be powered at that moment.
will get multi meter out, the 12v was permanently live but pretty saw heard fuse pop from that area is there another set inside....
tested all fuses are ok so must be elsewhere...

Last edited:
Perm live....?

you sure you haven't got another battery?

Those sockets are ignition live unless off the aux battery.

I'll dig out some diagrams.

Nothing under drivers seat or passenger bench.?

this is for non second battery . . . .

so check possible fuses:

SH31, SH1, SH2, SH3, SA8

Socket U33 (fuse SH31) might be your one if you haven't got the second battery.

105.JPG

Back