Is the Fuelling System pressurised?

Andy_72

I have a 2017 t6 van/camper the question that I’m trying to find the answer to is this.
The fuel system has the add blue system with it, and I’m wanting to add a diesel heater to the van to heat the vehicle without the engine running at night. I am being told that the fuel system is pressurised completely. Is this correct as I want to add another fuel line into the tank, or too the fuel return pipe to supply fuel to the heater and what I don’t want to do is end up finding that the fuel is also pressurised in the tank and being forced to the heater when it’s not in use whilst driving.

I cant believe the tank is pressurised as you would hear the equalisation when the fuel cap was removed to fill up.

There is a lift pump in the tank so the supply line is pressurised and the there is a return line that flows back to the tank but the tank itself is not pressurised.

To be far I thought the same but wanted to put the question out there to see if this was the case or not as the last thing I wanted was to put another hole into the tank to add another line and then find I have problems with fuel leaks

To be far I thought the same but wanted to put the question out there to see if this was the case or not as the last thing I wanted was to put another hole into the tank to add another line and then find I have problems with fuel leaks
Without the engine running the lift pump won’t be running and by the same no return flow, but assuming the return line is submerged then in theory you could draw from it...

If you buy a night heater kit it comes with an additional fuel pickup that you fit to the tank to supply your heater with fuel
Its independent of the engine fuel supply

Without the engine running the lift pump won’t be running and by the same no return flow, but assuming the return line is submerged then in theory you could draw from it...
Thank you for the information, I think my best option is to remove the fuel sender unit to see if the return line does drop down to the lower end of the tank and if it does then I might give it a go with a line connecting into the return pipe.

88287F3F-8896-46A8-A96A-A94A2E105DA4.jpeg 2

This shows a dedicated line (4) for the aux heater, maybe try this one?

Back