T6 Forum VIP

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
So, not a business in the usual sense, but still a valid review for a very valuable service.
The VIP Membership feature of this forum is worth the £12.99 for the lack of pure morons in the sales section alone, but obviously you get many other benefits for your £12.99.

Ok, so my latest acquisition didn't even make it into the For Sale/Wanted Threads page and were sold from a direct PM after someone noticed I was 'thinking about letting another set of wheels go' but I still had the same easy smooth sale.
However, I've purchased and sold a lot of stuff through here and it has always gone a bit like this...

"I will have them" or "I will take that Paul" or "Mate, I will take that, pay you now and wait until you are in my area" generally no daft offers knocking half the value off your price or swaps for magic beans and a box of retro mags that have several pages stuck together. Zero faffing and always genuine buyers.

Stick your wears elsewhere and you get bombarded with the daftest questions asking questions that are answered within your initial description. Followed by several more stupid questions, finished with something a bit like this...

"I don't think I like the colour anyway" or "I have to speak to her indoors" or "I need to wait for funds" or "i'd of had them mate, but i've not long purchased the same in a different size"

These types of questions make you want to shout at the person "WHY DID YOU MESSAGE ME THEN" and it obviously puts you off selling things that are an obvious benefit to others, as well as a bit of extra dosh for you to justify buying the same item again, but bigger or in a different colour;)

Anyone reading this that isn't a VIP member, but has things sitting in their garage or shed VW related, could quickly free up space, make some extra money and even get to meet other members face to face, like I have doing deals loads of times, pre-covid where we were aloud to fist pump and give each other piggy backs and stuff. Now you just do that awkward thing where you naturally want to shake hands, but neither knows how the other will react, so you go to, but fail and style it out with a stroke of the hair or scratch of the head if you are follically challenged.

Get VIP'ed up and get selling because I have money burning a hole again and now down to only 1 set of wheels.

So, not a business in the usual sense, but still a valid review for a very valuable service.
The VIP Membership feature of this forum is worth the £12.99 for the lack of pure morons in the sales section alone, but obviously you get many other benefits for your £12.99.

Ok, so my latest acquisition didn't even make it into the For Sale/Wanted Threads page and were sold from a direct PM after someone noticed I was 'thinking about letting another set of wheels go' but I still had the same easy smooth sale.
However, I've purchased and sold a lot of stuff through here and it has always gone a bit like this...

"I will have them" or "I will take that Paul" or "Mate, I will take that, pay you now and wait until you are in my area" generally no daft offers knocking half the value off your price or swaps for magic beans and a box of retro mags that have several pages stuck together. Zero faffing and always genuine buyers.

Stick your wears elsewhere and you get bombarded with the daftest questions asking questions that are answered within your initial description. Followed by several more stupid questions, finished with something a bit like this...

"I don't think I like the colour anyway" or "I have to speak to her indoors" or "I need to wait for funds" or "i'd of had them mate, but i've not long purchased the same in a different size"

These types of questions make you want to shout at the person "WHY DID YOU MESSAGE ME THEN" and it obviously puts you off selling things that are an obvious benefit to others, as well as a bit of extra dosh for you to justify buying the same item again, but bigger or in a different colour;)

Anyone reading this that isn't a VIP member, but has things sitting in their garage or shed VW related, could quickly free up space, make some extra money and even get to meet other members face to face, like I have doing deals loads of times, pre-covid where we were aloud to fist pump and give each other piggy backs and stuff. Now you just do that awkward thing where you naturally want to shake hands, but neither knows how the other will react, so you go to, but fail and style it out with a stroke of the hair or scratch of the head if you are follically challenged.

Get VIP'ed up and get selling because I have money burning a hole again and now down to only 1 set of wheels.
Love the magic beans comment. :)

I've got some sweet wheels you might be interested in Mate - just have to check with the wife. Although thinking about it, they are off a Volvo. Also, there might only be three of 'em. Anyway, make me an offer - payment in coins only. Collection only please - from the Faroe Islands. No silly offers.

I've got some sweet wheels you might be interested in Mate - just have to check with the wife. Although thinking about it, they are off a Volvo. Also, there might only be three of 'em. Anyway, make me an offer - payment in coins only. Collection only please - from the Faroe Islands. No silly offers.
Are they round wheels ?

Back