T6 fog lights

Pedro

Sock Model
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Currently looking at purchasing fog lights for my trendline, genuine VW parts, does anyone know if they are a straight fit regarding wiring, and has anyone done this yet or know anywhere that would do the conversion.
Thanks
Pete

I'm interested in this one too. Mine (was) a trendline Kombi and I miss the front fogs. The ones on my girlfriends polo make a massive difference to the dark singletrack roads that are rural Norfolk!

Currently looking at purchasing fog lights for my trendline, genuine VW parts, does anyone know if they are a straight fit regarding wiring, and has anyone done this yet or know anywhere that would do the conversion.
Thanks
Pete
Hi Pete, providing you buy the wiring loom etc, any decent auto electrician should fit them.

Anyone got any info on the fog light kits....does the can switch need changed out too? I am looking to put fog lights on a T6 shuttle!!!

I've been told by my local Vw dealer that you need ecu drivers etc so gets really expensive. There's a kit on eBay that gives you the switch and wiring direct to battery with fuses and relay etc for about £60 ish then you need to buy the fog lights and the grills themselves. I priced it up around the £250 Mark

Thanks Gordy, so by doing it this way are you saying it doesn't need an ECU? I was also thinking of fitting the autolights kit too but unsure if it will all work together. I need to find a good Vw auto electrician in or around Glasgow area by the sounds of things.

Last edited:
Travelin Lite on EBay sells all you need inc switch, loom and genuine VW lamps etc. Had mine done excellent price, quality and nice guys

Gordy do you know if an auto lights kit would also work with the travelin lite kit? Or if they do a combined all in one kit?

I've didn't get round to asking TBH can't see why it wouldn't. But worth an ask

The switch they show doesn't have auto and the trims have no PDC sensor cutout so double check before you buy

Yeh I have dropped Travelinlite a line to ask about auto light option as really like that facility. Just sold my Q7 sline which was fully loaded and in final negotiations with a Vw stealer on a decent spec 204 shuttle....that I want to add a good few toys too as it appears to be cheaper to do this than buy a high spec 204 Caravelle as they are like hens teeth!!!

Depending on when you need it i have made some inroads into retro fit foglight kits
Hoping to have genuine VW & aftermarket kits available in the next few weeks will see how it works out

I have the auto headlight switches and can get the fogs and surrounds easily what i am waiting on is the custom wiring loom and some samples of aftermarket foglights, need to look at any differences in quality and weigh that up against differences in cost but likely we will offer both but not until i have had a good play and tested them out thoroughly, will update this thread as and when i have news :thumbsup:

Hi Pauly, are you a business owner then? This will be my first VW T and looking to keep it for circa 5 yrs. so have a few plans!!

My plans for a LWB T6

Exterior additions

Sportline bumper and splitter
Side bars
Rear spoiler
Either colour coded banded steels or Alloys
Royal Blue or Red grill strip , colour coordinated splitter and lower half of wing mirrors
Brakes calipers sprayed same colour as as above.
Fog lights

Interior additions

Auto lights
Rear Camera
Heated Front seats
Reupholstered in bespoke coloured coordinated leather
Seat belts reweb in colour coordinated
Tv fiscube or similar for Discover Media unit with TV in Motion (still to investigate if this can be done)
Rear overhead DVD and TV system.

Just need to get my hands on a base vehicle first , but with the sale of my Q7 it's just a matter of time and making the right decision.

I've didn't get round to asking TBH can't see why it wouldn't. But worth an ask
I got a reply back from Travelin-lite they have an auto lights set up for the headlights coming that will be compatible with their fog light kit.

Back