T6 Edition Kombi, Factory rear cam and sensor stopped working..

Noakes

VIP Member
Thanks in advance!

T6 Edition 67plate Iridium gray.

Short story, backed into my brothers towbar ( i know i had pdc's and camera, that is the long story) large crunch, pulled forward ripped the nearside edge rear bumper off and snapped the 3 cables to the nearside PDC.

All PDCs and rear camera stopped working, beep override button flashed and beeps for 3 seconds then just flashed..

I have now soldered and heat shrinked the the wiring back but the PDCs and rear camera are still not working although i haven't reinstalled the rear PDC's but the front are still not working.
All fuses, USB's, LED reversing lights and handsfree are still working its only the rear PDCs and rear camera that aren't.

Is there another fuse somewhere, im really stumpped atm so any ideas would be welcome

thanks Dan

Hi @BrianK , the camera feed runs up the offside roof line from under the drivers seat on a T6, so hopefully won’t cause you any issues since you say you don’t have a camera as that specific part of the loom probably won’t be there.
Not sure if the connector that I cleaned out for my reversing sensors will be in the same place as on a 5.1, but you never know. If you pop the rear near side quarter internal panel off, it’ll give you the access you need. There is a block roughly in line with the tail light, on the inner edge of the d-post. I just unplugged it blew it out and not had any issues with that since. Worth a try if yours are connected in the same way.
Maybe this...

If you pop the rear near side quarter internal panel off, it’ll give you the access you need. There is a block roughly in line with the tail light, on the inner edge of the d-post. I just unplugged it blew it out and not had any issues with that since.

now thinking about it, can the PDC loom be replaced from that point behind the rear side quarter panel?

Thanks in advance!

T6 Edition 67plate Iridium gray.

Short story, backed into my brothers towbar ( i know i had pdc's and camera, that is the long story) large crunch, pulled forward ripped the nearside edge rear bumper off and snapped the 3 cables to the nearside PDC.

All PDCs and rear camera stopped working, beep override button flashed and beeps for 3 seconds then just flashed..

I have now soldered and heat shrinked the the wiring back but the PDCs and rear camera are still not working although i haven't reinstalled the rear PDC's but the front are still not working.
All fuses, USB's, LED reversing lights and handsfree are still working its only the rear PDCs and rear camera that aren't.

Is there another fuse somewhere, im really stumped atm so any ideas would be welcome

Update; just ordered a new loom for the rear PDCs and checked over the looms in the rear panel which all seem fine, so will install that just to be certain, but if anyone has any ideas please let me know..

Let’s goooo! Nice one, can only think the issue is related to that end of the loom
Just fitted the PDC harness from carsystems.eu
Camera is back working and the sensors seem to work but I’ve not fitted the bumper yet.
Just abit if a FYI, the harness is about 400mm shorter than the original one, so I had to extend it and also the wire colours aren’t the same, attached is a marked up image of the flow diagram.

from this I would say that even if one pdc is lose or disconnected it will stop the rear camera from working..

thanks to all that helped with advice, all in with the replacement and resprayed bumper, harness and a few fittings it’s cost only 350£ Instead of the 1000s estimated by VW 56D30A8B-AF00-49F3-926A-ABA407649E0C.jpeg

Back