T6 Edition Kombi conversion upgrade and learning curve.

After admiring so many and saying one day for a couple of decades I decided now was the right time. I needed to buy a vehicle that was TAX efficient. Although my ideal, Caravelles were out as they could not be classed as commercial, at least for my purpose. I knew it was only weeks before the 6.1 was launching but I wanted to get one and I liked the look of both T6 and T6.1. So in December I took the plunge with a new T6 Kombi Edition DSG. I had tried the local dealerships to attempt to keep local but eventually my £28,075.00 plus £5,615.00 VAT went to Nationwide Cars LTD. This was a hell of a saving off list and that was so important, especially knowing that this base vehicle was only the beginning of my T6 Journey.
So I have my new Vee Dub and already starting to order parts and book in upgrade fittings. So i intend to post regular through my Journey.

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8509.jpg

Deaky

On yer bike
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
F2EB07A8-16F7-455C-9A87-0893EE66F002.jpegJob 1 completed, additional door seals fitted . Very easy job and very effective for sorting that tinny sound when slammingthe door shut. Under a tenner delivered-from eBay

RyanGerry

T6 Guru
How did you get the extra length on the bed without a multiflex board?
So we used the two single seats, folded them flat and put a box in the middle, it was comfortable for outside the house and one night but I need invest in a multiflex board

73897DC8-9627-4948-BBF9-850EE7879EDE.jpeg
Job number 2 underway . 69BDDA95-81A4-481A-AEA9-7E10C864D888.jpeg
Fitting fake rear windows with blackout from van style. Not a difficult task and for £115 i think it gets a little closer to The Caravelle look I like. Took a couple hours but I like it.

Reactions: CAB
A8E2BF26-75A8-419A-8175-A9C21E0804DB.jpeg
Job 3 - Today I have fitted my OEM cycle carrier so that I can keep the bike out of the cab from now on. Also booked in with Oxford T5 for Caravelle rails install in a couple of weeks so need to get ready for no bike zone anyway.

Yes very easy, items arrived by courier 2 days after I ordered them, I watched a fitting video online from vanstyle ( the firm I bought them from) before fitting them as I am not a great competent DIYer. It looked straight forward so I made a start- flowed the instruction and 2 hrs later all done. Very pleased with myself. Even the wife commented that it looked like I knew what I was doing. Haha

Jayjmac

Cherry Bomb
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Yes very easy, items arrived by courier 2 days after I ordered them, I watched a fitting video online from vanstyle ( the firm I bought them from) before fitting them as I am not a great competent DIYer. It looked straight forward so I made a start- flowed the instruction and 2 hrs later all done. Very pleased with myself. Even the wife commented that it looked like I knew what I was doing. Haha
Looks really good! I’m thinking about it it’s one of those things I’ve got to have a think about though as once it’s in that’s it.. :unsure: