T6 Caravelle - bench seat

GSBH21

Hi all,

I'm going to look at a 66 plate Caravelle on Thursday. Exciting for the family, but scary for my wallet.

Can anyone tell me do all rear bench seats fold down flat into beds? Or is it just some? If so how would I be able to tell?

Also any general tips on things to look for on a used Caravelle?

Many thanks
G

There are two straps hanging underneath it. One is to slide it on the rails, the other is to fold the backrest forward. To unfold it to make the bed, there is a handle on the front of the seat. As the backrest tilts, the cushion come up to make it flat.

It's not a proper bed on it's own tho', it's not long enough. It either needs the middle row of seats folding forwards, or a multiflex board behind it (in the boot) to give it the extra length.

I hope you can help, I have a 2018 Caravelle and the rear 3 seater bench does not seem to fold flat. I've looked at the hinge points and mechanism in some detail and firmly believe it will not fold flat (backwards). Am I missing something?

I hope you can help, I have a 2018 Caravelle and the rear 3 seater bench does not seem to fold flat. I've looked at the hinge points and mechanism in some detail and firmly believe it will not fold flat (backwards). Am I missing something?
Do you have any pictures? There are Shuttles and Caravelles. My Shuttle SE says Caravelle in the service book.

The Shuttle rear bench only folds forward. The Shuttle bench is on the left, the Caravelle bench is on the right.
Screenshot_2023-03-06-19-37-11-32_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

Back