T6 California Wipers and washer pump randomly come on

egena

VIP Member
Hello everyone,
I was sitting on idle for about 15 minutes last week and suddenly the wipers did two sweeps of the screen. My Cali does have rain sensor but the stalk was set to the off poisition,
I confirmed it by moving the stalk to the maximum setting and sure enough, the wipers went at maximum speed. Brought the stalk to complete zero - pushing all the way downward to the spring action just to be sure - but still the wipers wold sweep occasionally.

A week later and the wipers are now very keen to be on more than they are off and I also experience random buzzing sounds which appear to be the washer water pump for perhaps the rear screen? It feels like an egress of some kind somewhere of liquid that is shorting the circuits and activating them as they come on randomly - sometimes for several minutes - then stop.
With the help of this forum, I've removed the 30A fuse serving

Im 2 weeks out of warranty and Im terrified this will be a costly affair - does anyone have a suggestion as to where I look first?

Hi,
After a week of it doing what it wanted, it seemingly has gone back to normal behaviour. This is such a relief but Im worried it will happen again.
Would anyone know which relay or circuit box is responsible for the wipers and spray motors so I could check for a fracture or something in its box?

Thanks in advance

Back