T6 Bonnet catch - can't close or open bonnet [Resolved]

Northcountryboy

When I try to close the bonnet, it won't close all the way. The catch has closed onto something but not locked fully - it has a couple of cms give and even a firm push won't close it all the way. It also won't let me open the bonnet again - seems like the catch is stuck. Pulling the bonnet release lever doesn't do anything either. Has anyone else had any issues like this or have any tips?! Thanks!

So is there resistance when you pull the handle, can you feel the spring, or is the handle loose?

Tried dropping from higher but still no joy. There's resistance when i pull the handle but no release noise, like you'd normally hear. I can just about reach under the reach under the partly-open bonnet and manually move the catch that should lock the bonnet, which makes me think a spring has gone on the catch mechanism.

I would test/simulate but using a screwdriver to simulate the pin going in and manually latch it close and check you can release it with the handle, otherwise you might get it to close and not be able to open it again.
1615371309257.png

Thanks for the advice. Fella at the garage made some adjustments to ensure the bonnet part of the lock is engaging with the lock - it wasn't pushing the pins down enough. All sorted.

Reactions: Loz
Back