T6 Bike Rack - Spares and Rivets

pezzas

T6 Pro
Hi,

I've taken apart my T6 bike rack and had to drill out some rivets so does anyone know the right size per chance? Ideally original VW ones or at least the right size and in black...

Also, there was some damage to one of the clips that holds one half - Can't see it being an issue but while it's apart it would be good to get a new one - Any ideas?

upload_2018-2-26_12-30-52.png

Thanks all,

Adam:thumbsup:

upload_2018-2-26_12-29-9.png

If you have a look at the manual that came with it there is an exploded view diagram of all the parts that are available as spares

@Pauly - I got it second hand and can not find a full online version. There is another clip that could do with being replaced as well actually - Not sure if anyone can help with getting the instructions?

@MEZ50 - Are they a direct replacement? I.e. black with the right dimensions?

Thanks both, much appreciated!

Hi Pezza,

These are the ones I bought. Sorry @Pauly I never though to ask you.

6.4MM METRIC ALUMINIUM/STEEL BLACK POP DOME HEAD RIVETS.

I have a bike rack at the office will pull the manual out of it when I get back and post a pic

@pezzas I have gone for Powder coating as I live near to the sea.

Will post a photo when it all together. It took me 2 hours to strip down.

The hardest part is removing the plastic inserts from the Locking Bike supports.

One other thing, are you going to spray or treat the plastics with anything? I'm toying with the idea of a smoother finish by way of gloss black or similar... Not sure how long that would actually last though... If there are recommendations from anyone who has done similar I'd love to hear them :thumbsup:

I have not thought about the plastic colour . I was going to leave it all black as a slight contrast to the power coating.

Just realised that i have the other style bike rack to the one you have pictured, there are differences but incase it helps heres the diagram

IMG_6521[1].JPG
IMG_6522.JPG
IMG_6523.JPG

@pezzas I'm lucky to be using one of the Rivet guns from work. Air or Battery.

We only had a few heads the correct size for these rivets.

Back