Kombi Bench Seat Retrofit

Hi can someone help i am trying to find out the part number for the bolts from the under side of the quick release kombi seat brackets. Thanks

Hello!

Just purchased a 3 bench seat last week and looking to install it in our van so that we can chuck the kids in the back.

Looking for some advice among the plethora of posts and can't be 100% sure of what brackets I need to strengthen/fix the seats to the underside of the body of the van.

I also called VW Parts department and they don't really know either, even giving a number plate of a genuine kombi they can't be sure and don't have anyone to ask to double check.... :-/

SO - can someone tell me the parts I need?

Much appreciation!!

Al

Ok, so there's no brackets on underside of the van that you need to strengthen?

I have the ones linked as well as seatbelts.

Okie. I could had sworn I had read that there was a reinforced plate to install as I was converting to a Kombi.

Okie. I could had sworn I had read that there was a reinforced plate to install as I was converting to a Kombi.
You’ll need to fit reinforcing plates for the seat belts, but nothing more is required for the seat brackets.

^^ Phew. I think the larger bracket goes on first as re-inforcement shaped to the chassis and then the smaller L brackets work almost like washers on the underside on top of these. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Those large brackets are only £6 from VW and the small L brackets £3.02 inc VAT. The seatbelt brackets are £4.80 inc VAT. So quite a saving!.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone any guidance on fitting the 3 seat bench in to the rear of a LWB Shuttle?
Fitting the floor brackets appears fairly straight forward, but seat belts and roof lining looks more challenging.
Do the seatbelts need fixing to the rear pillars or along the horizontal frame above the window?
Thank you

Matthew

Hi Matthew, I have been thinking about fitting a rear seatbelt on my LWB hightop T6.
I agree with you the floor bracket should be straight forward with an extra plate on the underside.
My thoughts so far on the side anchorage is to bolt a 75x3mm wide plate from floor to above the window frame securing it with 3*2 bolts place on the horizonal frame at floor, in the middle and above window height.
My thoughts on the bolting is to cut a hole in the frame of say 16mm and slide in a tapped 175x18x6mm bar. Then bolt the plate to it using locklite to prevent it vibrating free.
The seat belt can be secured anywhere on the 75x3mm plate

Have you any ideas or have you already done it.
Merry Christmas
Colin

Hi Matthew, I have been thinking about fitting a rear seatbelt on my LWB hightop T6.
I agree with you the floor bracket should be straight forward with an extra plate on the underside.
My thoughts so far on the side anchorage is to bolt a 75x3mm wide plate from floor to above the window frame securing it with 3*2 bolts place on the horizonal frame at floor, in the middle and above window height.
My thoughts on the bolting is to cut a hole in the frame of say 16mm and slide in a tapped 175x18x6mm bar. Then bolt the plate to it using locklite to prevent it vibrating free.
The seat belt can be secured anywhere on the 75x3mm plate

Have you any ideas or have you already done it.
Merry Christmas
Colin
Hi Colin,
Some good ideas there.
I haven’t done this yet. With the shuttle, I’m unable to move the seats to the very back due to the heater in the rear being in the way. I also can’t fold the seats forward to locate in my new floor brackets due to the wheel arches. I have ordered a set of 4th row seats so they should solve the issue (I hope).
I would like to fit seat belts, but if I’m unsure I will just use the 2 outer seats when stationary, centre seat has its own seatbelt.
Attached is a photo showing the locations of the seat belt on a factory fitted 4th row. The belt to me looks like it hangs down to a similar height to the 3rd row (off the D pillar) it is then located in front of the heater. There are two locations on the wheel arch this could locate, but the metal appears fairly thin, even if you add a spread plate. I like the idea that you suggest having a long bar with several holes to locate. I’ll take a look tomorrow at my configuration and see if something like that could work.
Cheers
Matthew

869EEA33-6566-4628-BB9E-93FA6BDC364A.png

I have now fitted a single rear seatbelt on my T6 LWB which had no problem with a recent MOT.
I used 50mm angle iron, some 3mm plate and 6mm bar all bolted together with out any welding.
The work included re-inforcing the seat to prevent it collapsing.

Can any one help me out with the floor brackets part numbers for main part and the trim r they all the same thanks

Back