T6 Awning - Any recommendations

Decathlon Quencha air base XL is worth a look at £199. Not strictly a drive away but can be used as such. Pleased with mine and most importantly packs up smaller than most of the awnings I looked at.

Sorry not got any pics, looking at your avatar you haven't got a pop up roof so I think you could probably put the door flap over the roof of your t6 and peg it down with guy ropes on the other side. I think this is what it shows in the instruction. I've got a wind out awning that I wind out about 1m and attach to this.

There is a longish thread with pictures on the california forum you could check out

Looks like there's no ground sheet. You may need to strap it over the van too. Providing you don't mind doing that then it should be fine.

groundsheet is included but not permanently attached.
various connection methods..
1: Pull the connector over the roof with guy ropes
2. Attach the connector to a mounting rail with the kador/beading
3. Clamp the connector in a rain gutter with the supplied pole and clamps
4. Attach the connector to the roof with optional suction cups
5. Attach the connector on a metal roof with a optional magnetic band connector
6. Attach the connector to a Fiamma or Thule awning with a optional kador/beading adapter kit

It seems a bit of a bargain and not too big (or heavy). Do we know anybody with one? At that price I'm ready to take the risk once they're back in stock..

thx

The california camping youtube account has trialled one of these.
:)
.....and very nice it looks too!! Probably a bit too big and heavy (49kg) for those with a fully kitted out camper (yes, I know they camp in a Cali :) ) and family in tow, especially when having to take the stove, etc., to make it work in winter (which is when such a big canvas tent really comes into its own).

If anyone is interested the California Camping guys have organised a discount code:- CaliforniaCamping | California Camping

Last edited:
We used to have a Khyam QE tent for family camping years ago with the kids and we really liked it.
So, we've decided to go with a motordome tourer as an awning option - first trip will be in a few weeks time.

I attached it by the straps over the van. You can fit it to a rail if you have one though.

Price wise, not too sure yet. I’ll definitely let it go for a reasonable price. I’m going to put it up and give it a proper looking at first and I’ll let you know.

just sent back the THE CUBO CAMPER VAN AWNING

the door on the van side was only secured at the bottom with one tiny piece of velco, so any animal could get in if we left food out, or easy for someone to get in aswell. shame as I wanted a simple quick and cheap awning to hold our day2day junk, looking to upgrade to the outdoor revolution cayman pole version.

We bought an Outdoor revolution movelite T2, absolute poo! shocking quality, it leaked & didn't fit together. Sent it back for a refund & bought a Doreema. The Doreema is an expensive bit of kit, doesn't fit the van very well as it's designed for taller vans, but it's quality.

1AD41783-F9D1-428A-9764-911B06AA92D1.jpg

We bought an Outdoor revolution movelite T2, absolute poo! shocking quality, it leaked & didn't fit together. Sent it back for a refund & bought a Doreema. The Doreema is an expensive bit of kit, doesn't fit the van very well as it's designed for taller vans, but it's quality.

View attachment 24207
Looks fantastic - you can't beat a bit of Dutch canvas for tents and awnings. For the price you likely paid I would consider seeing if there are any local sailmakers or similar, that would undertake the alterations to make a bespoke "low" version.

Looks fantastic - you can't beat a bit of Dutch canvas for tents and awnings. For the price you likely paid I would consider seeing if there are any local sailmakers or similar, that would undertake the alterations to make a bespoke "low" version.
We’d thought about that. The tunnel zips off & you just zip a different size in. To be fair to Doreema, they modified it to take some of the slack out & it’s better than it was. There’s a place near us that does tent repairs & alterations for all the big manufacturers, one day in one of my many moments of relaxation, I might take it to them for a new tunnel. It works fine , but I’m ocd about having things “just so”

We’d thought about that. The tunnel zips off & you just zip a different size in. To be fair to Doreema, they modified it to take some of the slack out & it’s better than it was. There’s a place near us that does tent repairs & alterations for all the big manufacturers, one day in one of my many moments of relaxation, I might take it to them for a new tunnel. It works fine , but I’m ocd about having things “just so”
I've got an inflatable Karsten tent (even heavier Dutch ten cate canvas) which is fantastic and better quality than any awnings you will see - Karsten have offered to make up a tunnel piece so I can connect the main pod to the van but the cost would be circa £600 plus I'd have to take the van and tent over to the Netherlands to get a perfect fit. Will stick with my cheaper but functional Vangos for now :)
P1060357.JPG

I'm just after a draw away awning with about 3m x 3m space inside that I can stand up in, no need for a sleeping area, just for day use and storage, poles are just fine and simple quick to put up and take down. budget £250, seems there are only two

I've found the Oldpro Cubo - sent back due to poor design, leaks and made poorly, the only other one I can find is the outdoor revolution - cayman.

Any other suggestions ?

I'm just after a draw away awning with about 3m x 3m space inside that I can stand up in, no need for a sleeping area, just for day use and storage, poles are just fine and simple quick to put up and take down. budget £250, seems there are only two

I've found the Oldpro Cubo - sent back due to poor design, leaks and made poorly, the only other one I can find is the outdoor revolution - cayman.

Any other suggestions ?
Personally I'd avoid Outdoor Revolution kit based on past experience. I'd try & find good second hand kit of a higher quality.

Back