T6 Awning - Any recommendations

My wife's wanting one of these... they had a deal on at night dub fest for £1200 on the 4ft.

Called glawnings and on Facebook

View attachment 9862
They look fantastic - you can't beat canvas for tents. However, whilst they look great this comes at a cost in pack size and weight, i.e. at 38kg for the 4m and 49kg for the 5m they are more than double the weight of an equivalent sized Vango, etc..

I think they look fab on the retro vans...not sure what they'd look like attached to a T6...

Enjoying reading this thread. An awning will be a future purchase for me (had the van less than a month) but would be interested to know if there are issues attaching an awning when you have roof rails on the van?

Hello,
Silly question but can the vw cali rail be used on a lwb instead of using the reimo one? I have the possibility to get the cali one cheaper so was just wondering if the 40cm difference in length swb to lwb makes a difference for the awning rail?

I am not really sure but is this awning any good for a vw?? Someone has recommended it on the bongo fb page and it looks quite good. Don't want to buy it and then it not be suitable for our veedub.

Obelink Trinity

I am not really sure but is this awning any good for a vw?? Someone has recommended it on the bongo fb page and it looks quite good. Don't want to buy it and then it not be suitable for our veedub.

Obelink Trinity
Looks like there's no ground sheet. You may need to strap it over the van too. Providing you don't mind doing that then it should be fine.

Hello,
Silly question but can the vw cali rail be used on a lwb instead of using the reimo one? I have the possibility to get the cali one cheaper so was just wondering if the 40cm difference in length swb to lwb makes a difference for the awning rail?
I think the only difference is the fact it won't be flush at the rear of your van. As far as I'm aware the awnings don't come in lwb/swb so shouldt make a difference. I'll be fitting a Reimo as I know the gap at the rear will bug me.

this looks to be the difference, i'll live with that over the reimo rail - i cant like the shape of the reimo's front! horses for courses...

cali-swb.JPG

cali-lwb.JPG

My Cayman Air turned up today. Oooooh looking forward to putting it up.

Hi davenjo, spooky!! We were on the old forum last year and have only returned to this new site recently. Still loving the t6 and will be better when the leaky window is sorted!!

This could get very confusing especially with you having a converted van and same awning as me!! I got an alert telling me "I" had posted this - had to look twice before I realised that you have chosen a very similar screen name to me. @Pauly ???
Technically @Davenjo you chose the similar name as you joined after !
Dont think its worth worrying about now though if you two are happy with it ?

Nice looking awning that, not heard of them before :thumbsup:
I didn't have the money for a KelaIII so found this instead. I bought it blind, a bit risky, but it turned out to be awesome. I just like the fact you can pull it nice and taught. Stays cool(ish) in direct sunlight too.

Outdoor Revolution Cayman Air (Low)

Back