For Sale T6 Actuator arm replacement for heater controls

Tony P

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Replacement actuator arm for T6 heater controls.
Attached pic shows original white arm (not included) and a modified stronger version for a fix of a common defect.
If interested please contact Tony on 07880620367.
£35 first class signed for postage included (signature required) UK Only.

61074235-5EF6-481E-87A7-9AF26E7E9794.jpeg

232E5B0B-F764-41E8-8761-ED57E0F382AF.jpeg

73CA2E28-D832-4F02-A45A-2C9414B9435D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a good upgrade to the original part, great to be able to repair this fault without replacing the entire flap assembly as per vw parts, one of the only times I would recommend a pattern part but this is so superior to original fit

@Tony P i’ve just dropped you a text as need one of these if possible

The spline had snapped on mine. Definitely a poor design as you rightly pointed out

Attachments

• DC0F37B5-A876-44C3-BD96-AD49BB2C0DAF.jpeg
    DC0F37B5-A876-44C3-BD96-AD49BB2C0DAF.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 9E1F4D0D-0715-4056-B7F6-D052F10C70FF.jpeg
    9E1F4D0D-0715-4056-B7F6-D052F10C70FF.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 66
@Tony P does this part sort out the heater speed controls? Mine is only blowing on fan speed 4, although a/c light turns on at speed 1/2&3 - just doesn’t actually blow on those settings. So it is full bore or nothing.

@Tony P does this part sort out the heater speed controls? Mine is only blowing on fan speed 4, although a/c light turns on at speed 1/2&3 - just doesn’t actually blow on those settings. So it is full bore or nothing.
Is that not a resistor problem?

As Skyliner said that’s what I started with when mine didn’t work but Niknak pointed out that wasn’t my particular problem.
It’s located behind the black panel behind glove box in the passenger side footwell.

Hi Tony.
Would you be willing to mail one to Australia?
I am having serious issues locating an actuator arm anywhere here in Australia. Even from VW direct.
I have tried to repair mine with no luck.
Cheers,
Claude

E640E35B-44FC-4E50-94C7-12A8E7ECE4CA.jpeg

BE74294E-C208-415F-8A21-A2DF6FCBBA34.jpeg

9FF6D35C-B5BE-491C-B591-CC67F49BD312.jpeg

Hi Claude, I can do but would have to find out the cost for shipping etc.
Can you contact me on WhatsApp
Tony Pass 07880620367
Cheers

Attached pic shows original white arm (not included) and a modified stronger version for a fix of a common defect.
£35 postage included (signature required) UK Only.

View attachment 114090

View attachment 114091

View attachment 114092

Hi all,
Thank you for all the information and sharing your experience.
I have the same broken actuator arm, in Australia it seems very difficult to find a replacement part. I have messaged Paul to see if he can ship it so crossing fingers.

In the meantime does anyone know the reason why they break?
In it’s broken stat the arm still moves past it’s mechanical limit (when operating the climate control) and then never moves to its mechanical maximum. The actuator on the top of the same side seems to be similar.

Thank you.
Tim

They break cause they are shite, I’ve got one of Paul’s control arms never fitted and don’t have the van anymore you can have for free if you just cover shipping
Afternoon do you still have the control arm available please?
Is it common for motor/potentiometer to go faulty too because it’s snapped 2 now repeatedly and motor doesn’t seem to stop at end point. Tried to get it to relearn through basic settings but again doesn’t seem to stop when it feels resistance.

Cheers
Rob

I've broken three now. I reckon it is a dodgy temperature sensor already replaced the actuator so potentiometer in the actuator should not be a problem. Does anyone have the locations for the temperature sensors and what their resistance should be?

Afternoon do you still have the control arm available please?
Is it common for motor/potentiometer to go faulty too because it’s snapped 2 now repeatedly and motor doesn’t seem to stop at end point. Tried to get it to relearn through basic settings but again doesn’t seem to stop when it feels resistance.

Cheers
Rob

I'm in the same boat. I even replaced the motor (just in case) but as you say it doesn't stop at the end point no matter what I tried. Reset to base settings multiples times as well but never worked.. I gave up in the end and manually adjust!! Hot in winter, cold from spring onwards

£32.50 first class signed for postage included (signature required) UK Only.

View attachment 114090

View attachment 114091

View attachment 114092
Hi @Tony P i have the same problem, if I buy one of these how do you fit them is it a case of having to remove dash or hopefully something a lot easier any advice would be really appreciated
thanks
Paul

Hi @Tony P i have the same problem, if I buy one of these how do you fit them is it a case of having to remove dash or hopefully something a lot easier any advice would be really appreciated
thanks
Paul
No need to remove the dash, you just need some patience and rubbery hands.
It's above your left foot when driving.
I used some small pointy nose pliers, a 6mm spanner or shallow head 6mm socket.
2 small 6mm screws and it's out.
Going back in is a little more fiddly having to push the ball joint back in place.

thanks
Paul
Hi Paul I done mine from underneath from footwell but others have taken out the clock cluster. 2x5.5mm bolts attach the actuator motor to the matrix with the actuator arm.

Back