T6 Activated Carbon Cabin/Pollen Filter

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by Jimmy T6, 18 Dec 2017.

1. Jimmy T6

Jimmy T6 New Member

Has anyone managed to install one on a T6? If so how?

2. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    Remove cover above passenger footwell, remove small screw at end of cover strip, unclip and hinge down cover, slide fillter down.

Jimmy T6 likes this.
  3. Jimmy T6

Jimmy T6 New Member

I have the comfort dash, not sure if that is complicating things. But to remove the end cover strip I had to remove the entire lower glovebox (see photo) with 7 more screws.

There's no way the filter is just sliding out, it looks like there's a load more dismantling to do and its looking like a can of worms. All i'm trying to do is replace the cabin filter with a charcoal one.

Any further instructions anyone?

IMG_20180105_160507642.jpg

4. mmi

mmi Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I just squeezed the filter to get that out. And, "presqueezed" the new one to make it pass that "horizontal bar". Fully agree that it's missing just about 2 cm to make the job easy. Mine is LHD but that seems to be identical - even the obstacle. And yes, I had to remove the glovebox...

5. Hopa

Hopa New Member

Please tell me how to remove glove box and the cover above passenger footwell. Thank you very much.

6. Deaky

Deaky On yer bike VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    The cover is clipped in. Push a trim tool between it and the glove box and lever it down across the front. When all the clips are free pull it towards you (there’s a couple of locating hooks holding it up at the back).

There are 7 torx screws in the glove box. 4 along the top and 3 along the bottom. Remove these then prise the glovebox out from the top edge, there’s a couple of clips either side. Pull the top towards you and note where the bottom locates as you do, it’ll make re fitting it easier :thumbsup:

7. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    Think you need to remove the dash end cap (the piece with the passenger airbag switch on it) before removing the glovebox

8. Hopa

Hopa New Member

Could you please show me the picture of trim tool? And is it necessary to remove the glovebox before removing the cover? Thanks a lot.

9. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    The end cap of dashboard has to come off before the glovebox comes out
    The glovebox and glovebox mount (and hinges etc) all come out as one complete unit
    Trim tools come in lots of varieties but are basically any form of plastic wedge (don't use metal !!)
    image.jpg

10. Hopa

Hopa New Member

thanks to Pauly. What is 'The end cap of dashboard'?

11. DaveBos

DaveBos Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    The end ap has the key switch mounted into it for deactivating the passenger airbag, if fitted. Don't turn on the ignition with this unplugged or else you'll get an airbag error fault on the MFD and instrument cluster.

Pauly likes this.
  12. Hopa

Hopa New Member

Thanks a lot.

13. boggsboxx

boggsboxx New Member

Map
    Thanks for the description Ill now replace my interior filter!

14. Stefan

Stefan Member

Map
    Anyone that will change their cabin filters anytime soon could do me a favour and take a photo of the Cover that holds the filter in. Mine seems to be missing something as doesn't seal properly and air Is leaking out by the cover.. many thanks