T6 204 Manual Oil Temp

Mkgolfnutters

VCDS User
VIP Member
Hi
Can anyone shine a light into what the oil temp should be I was away for the weekend travelling down the A11 just thought I would scrool through the Dis and I noticed the oil temp was 101c I think that is a little high as I was only cruising at 65-70. Does anyone else check their oil temp? The only reason I am asking we race a mk2 golf and that only gets up to 98c and that is reving 8000 rpm.

I asked a similar question recently (although I’d got the coolant and oil temp mixed up!)

I was getting between mid 90’s and 105 and the response I got were this is perfectly normal.

Not sure what the upper “touching hot” value is but 105 ish is fine.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the replies but going to contact Vw headquarters on Monday.
See what they have to say.

You won’t get any technical sense out if them...

will ask them the question anyway make them aware of the oil temp as I think it's a little high we have a 2.0 golf GTD and that runs at about 93c

I have a Golf R too, when that's fully up to temp oil temp is 110-115 degrees. My T6 204 sits the same as other posters have said, from 98ish to 108.

Hotter than I've previously been used to, but completely within spec for these vehicles.

Towing large twin axle Caravan, 204 DSG 4 motion, towing fairly hard, glow plug light starts flashing, Oil temp up to 122 degrees, no loss of power, no EML light, carried on got home keyed off been ok since, any ideas, thanks.

Oil temp.jpg

Hi
Can anyone shine a light into what the oil temp should be I was away for the weekend travelling down the A11 just thought I would scrool through the Dis and I noticed the oil temp was 101c I think that is a little high as I was only cruising at 65-70. Does anyone else check their oil temp? The only reason I am asking we race a mk2 golf and that only gets up to 98c and that is reving 8000 rpm.

Oil temp.jpg

Towing large twin axle Caravan, 204 DSG 4 motion, towing fairly hard, glow plug light starts flashing, Oil temp up to 122 degrees, no loss of power, no EML light, carried on got home keyed off been ok since, any ideas, thanks.

View attachment 41837

You need to plug up to Carista or VCDS to see what error has been logged - it may be something else causing the flashing coil....

Back