T6 2018

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Bigger engine and DSG was a bridge too far me I'm afraid. Would be a great early crimbo present though. That's if I get it before then!

... seriously dont get why people dont like them, maybe its the cost lol

Yes, cost for some of us.
Base price back in May of a Kombi T32 150 HL Manual was £34.3k. With a DSG is was £36.3k
I'd have loved it, but I had a max. budget (bank account says I had stop somewhere) - DSG would have taken me way over.

Having said that, I am planning on keeping the van for the long term - and it did cross my mind that DSG would just have been something else expensive to go wrong :eek:

Funny thing is that out of all the things that go wrong with T6's (and the list is long) the DSG box is rarely one I see discussed.
Funny that as the only major issue with mine is DSG related, when re engaging engine from coasting the van slams the clutch closed in a nano second resulting in violent banging and shaking and dealers are struggling to get to the bottom of the problem as seems software related

Funny that as the only major issue with mine is DSG related, when re engaging engine from coasting the van slams the clutch closed in a nano second resulting in violent banging and shaking and dealers are struggling to get to the bottom of the problem as seems software related

Once they get to the bottom of it get them to strip and replace the internals and change your drive shafts etc as it'll have caused excessive wear.

My touran did this once and even brought on a fault code.

Turns out the dealer never changed the dsg oil at the service at 42k although they billed for it, as the dates on the filter point to it being original.
Had it done and it was fine

Back