T6 2018

If you check the Caravelle petrol spec. The petrol Co2 is much higher and MPG lower.... In a few years time, the EU nanny state and "scientists" will have twisted data / stats to increase petrol taxes and ban petrol engines from populated areas :)

Did a long drive to Porthcurno last night and we both remarked on how quiet but nippy our diesel 204 van is.
I don't like diesels much but I do think they suit the van quite well.
Our mates have a new Tiguan petrol manual (hurrah!) and it moves well but it's a shame it sounds rather dull.

Four cylinders are rarely nice sounding be they diesel or petrol. Not a priority in a van but it's a factor.

Quick Q if I may..
MY18
I've seen the same designation across several manufacturers
It might be obviously us but does the MY stand for Model Year?

:thumbsup:

It's a VW so you need to be asking what it doesn't have...

I think you are getting autonomous city braking across the range.

2018 spec as per the dealer response:

I can confirm that Volkswagen are having a petrol option Transporter, we will be launching two new petrol engines across the Transporter range at model year to mirror the current engine offering on Caravelle (150PS Manual and 204PS DSG). Expect to see availability across panel van, kombi, window van as well as Shuttle and California.

However, full availability and pricing will be announced closer to the time we open for order.

changes within the 2018 model are as follows :

- City emergency braking – warns of hazardous situations and, when necessary, triggers emergency braking. Multi-Function display plus with Driver Alert: monitors the steering patterns and alerts the driver to take a break., this is now standard on all models and trim lines.

- Automatic headlights with daytime running lights and leaving home function, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, rain sensor (lights and vision pack), multi-function steering wheel are now standard on all trim levels

- The tailgate lights will flash when tailgate is unlocked.

Finally, there are other changes where certain items have been discontinued as extra options however will still remain standard if standard with that particular vehicle.
What exactly does a my18 highline have that a my17 doesnt?
Perhaps the first quoted post may help @PukkaT6 :whistle::whistle:

You got me Dave ;)

I have deduced that unless you have a startline or trendline the answer is pretty much no changes.

California gets a "harder to clean and more fragile" split sink/hob cover with "harder to clean" struts.
I think we'll hang onto ours for now. :rofl:

You got me Dave ;)

I have deduced that unless you have a startline or trendline the answer is pretty much no changes.
I'm Dave's Dad.

Not sure on details across the range but often manufacturers detail the changes to the top of the range with lesser upgrades for lower spec vehicles. New brochures due anytime now though so worth checking VW website.

Back