150ps gutless - regen?

Stigofthedub

T6 Pro
Hi Guys, I have had my 150 trendline combi for a few months now, (new in march 17) and after about 300 miles of running in ( I know they are supposed not to need it) but I am old school and like to let everything settle before loading up. I then did a tour with the caravan around Dorset. I have done the same trip with my old T5.1 102 but the 102 engine was a bit underpowered for towing.
Anyway, I had a few issues with start/stop not working for a few days and tick over ranging from 800rpm to 950rpm and the fans running on for ages after stopping, all of which the dealer assures me is to do with dpf regen. But my main concern was that one day although the engine ran smooth, it was guttless, I was towing, but on one notable not to steep a gradient I was down to third gear and everything was overtaking me. from lorries to grannies in their nissan micras. It got us there but to me seemed flat. It has run OK since I think. I had it in to the dealer today who can't find anything wrong and no faults logged. I had a 66 plate 140 loaned and did a quick test. 50mph to 70mph in 5th on a flat road. 10.5 secs in the 140, and 11.5 secs in my 150 (more or less with my misses on the stop watch). I would have guessed the 150 might be a bit quicker. To be fair the 140 was on standard wheels and tyres and mine is on 18 inch rims with 225 tyres. Has anyone come across any issues like this.

I found the opposite, I have a 140 (DSG) and had a loan 150 (manual) and was amazed how much quicker the 150 was !
I thought it may have been the gearbox giving it a different feel but reading your post my 140 is on 18s and the 150 was standard and the loaner was obviously empty and there was prob crap in mine (not to mention leisure batt and sound proofing)

what is the profile/aspect ratio of your tyre 50/55/60...........?
Have you tried premium diesel or an additive at all?
My engine now has 17000miles on it (204), and it has certainly relaxed with age, and the mpg have also increase slightly.

I had a brand new 140 manual kombi for 3 months before i took delivery of my new 150 dsg kombi. I was amazed how much quicker/better the engine was compared to the 140 i had been lent by the dealer.

Could it be that fitting 18s over the standard 17s changes the effective final gearing at the wheel just enough to slow acceleration and affect engine torque ? One wouldn't think the difference in size would make a great difference, but maybe it is just enough to be noticeable when stretching the vehicle's performance ?

Could it be that fitting 18s over the standard 17s changes the effective final gearing at the wheel just enough to slow acceleration and affect engine torque ? One wouldn't think the difference in size would make a great difference, but maybe it is just enough to be noticeable when stretching the vehicle's performance ?
The rolling circumference will be the same if they are factory supplied all he would have is a slight increase in drag from the wider profile.

The rolling circumference will be the same if they are factory supplied all he would have is a slight increase in drag from the wider profile.
is 225 a standard VW width for an 18" wheel/tyre combo?

I find the van can be abit gutless if it's doing an active Regen. Active Regen retards the timing too give higher exhaust gas temperature to burn the diesel in the dpf easier.
Retarded timing robs power and most importantly torque and Turbo spool.

I notice it mostly at full load in 5th & 6th gear around 60mph during a Regen.

Hi, I tow a caravan 1500kgs with my 2017 T32 150 dsg, it tows great, seems to have a lot left when going up steepish hills, so I'm pretty pleased with it.
I'm sure I read in the manual you should not tow until you have done 500 or 600 miles I forget which.

Sorry for not responding sooner, There is a bit of difference in the wheel circumference because it came up with the tyre pressure warning when I changed the wheels and I had to reset the wheel diameter. To me the 140 i used with 6k on the clock was more revvy than my 150 thats got 2k on the clock. My tyres are 255 45 zr 18. Had a bit of a thrash yesterday and it went really well.? Im getting the caravan out in a couple of weeks again so I'll see how it goes. The main dealer said they would have it for a couple of days and look deeper if it happens again. Thanks for the comments. I might try to get a run in a 150 dsg and see how that feels.

if you simply change a tyre you get a tyre pressure warning light so could argue that would of happened anyway.

Back