T6.1 Weight on leaving factory

Sooty6.1

Sue Rubies ~ 'CamperVanya'
T6 Pro
Hi, been looking and can’t find the answer to my questions so hope it’s ok I’m posting them here.

1) What’s the standard weight of a VW T6.1 T28 Startline 110bhp SWB on leaving the factory, i.e. prior to any conversion work.

2) Is it right that the sliding door of my VW camper doesn’t lie flush with the rest of the side panels when closed?

TIA
Sue

Hang on, I'm just looking for the red face emoji ... . Thanks so much I couldn't see for looking!

No idea re. the sliding door have you??

Hang on, I'm just looking for the red face emoji ... . Thanks so much I couldn't see for looking!

Can you post a picture of the door ?

Pete

No reason why it should there is lots of adjustment but I suggest unless you’ve done one before don’t touch it

Does it lock ok? It could be the striker needs adjusting in the level looks ok
Yes it seems to be locking fine and driving it home there was no wind sound or lights to say the door wasn’t closed properly. I just thought it didn’t look like I’d expect.
I‘ll have to contact the converter tomorrow to check then.

I wonder if they took the striker off and not put back right or tightened it is suspect check it’s not lose, back edge of the door opening halfway up

@Niknak @DaveD @Radford1071s @Pete C Just checked with the conversion guy who said the T6.1s seem to need a very firm shut and so I did and now it’s perfectly flush.

I was obviously just being too gentle with it because it’s new, so USER ERROR!
Thanks for the help! :)

Reactions: CAB
Ours needed a proper slam to shut but it was because the striker needed repositioning very slightly - after we did that it was much better. Often when convertors add gubbins to the door it drags it down very slightly and the striker needs repositioning I think.

Having said that, it was still slightly tricky for kids to close so we retrofitted the soft close gizmo.

It's a van, a vehicle made for commercial use. We cherish them and try to make them like our cars but let's not forget what they are!

Interesting that my Caravelle, if it were a Highline then the unladen weight would be 1994kg (according to table above) but weighed it on a weighbridge and it came in at 2240 kgs, rear bench, windows, floor etc of course make it heavier.

Back