T6.1 TPMS, with reading in display.

Madds

Hi

I just bought a new Transporter T6.1.
Of course, the car has TPMS, but not with direct reading of what the pressure is in each wheel, in the display.
Is it possible to code it to display it with VSDS connectors, or do you need extra hardware?

- Mads

Hi

I just bought a new Transporter T6.1.
Of course, the car has TPMS, but not with direct reading of what the pressure is in each wheel, in the display.
Is it possible to code it to display it with VSDS connectors, or do you need extra hardware?

- Mads
Assuming that your TPMS is indirect and works via ABS system to go for direct TPMS you would need to install 5 pieces of hardware (4 pressure sensors/transmitters, one for each wheel & one common receiver connected to the CAN bus).

Reactions: mmi
@SteH I have 19s on my 6.1 with direct TPMS. You need to have a set of TMPS valves fitted on the Cantera alloys. I ordered a set of TMPS valves I think they were around £40 each. Or if you don't plan on using the original wheels you can get the TPMS valves swapped.

You'll have various wheel / tyre options available on your media system, I just use the 18" variant as its the closest pressure I was recommend to use. Once you've driven a short distance the van will pick up the new sensors and display the pressure value.
Hi - I want to so this with a set of 18” Tolucas I have just aquired for my T6.1. Can I ask where you ordered your TPMS valves from and do you have a part number? VW have quoted me £273 each which is obviously taking the proverbial. Thanks, Graham

@GrahamB I bought mine through this website, https://www.piecesauto24.com/schrader/15410807 about €40 each (exc VAT).

Sorry its a French website but the part I used was:-

Schrader 2200B-GO1

You can get them in black or silver.

Adam
Cheers Adam - thanks for the quick response. Is that Schrader part number the exact match for the OEM VW ones? Dont suppose it matters as long as it works but there seem to be millions of these valves available with small part number variations. Thanks Graham

I don't think they are the exact match for OEM but they worked fine.

I had the same dilemma but I saw a photo on a post from @racerke600 and was able to read the part number. I dropped him a message and he confirmed they worked. It was still a relief to see them working though !

I don't think they are the exact match for OEM but they worked fine.

I had the same dilemma but I saw a photo on a post from @racerke600 and was able to read the part number. I dropped him a message and he confirmed they worked. It was still a relief to see them working though !

When i did the research i saw they matched the standard oem nr ( 2N0907251 )
They work flawless :cool:

Thanks guys - really helpful, cheers
Now sorted. Managed to get the OEM service kit with 4 valves via Vasworks, and got them fitted to the Tolucas by Pro Tyre in Poole. The sensors started working straight away. Very pleased with the look of the Tolucas on the Cali. Thanks again for the advice :cool:ED6D76C7-AA91-4240-BB2E-5D36852EB543.jpeg

Can anyone give me a definitive answer my brand new converted campervan I can’t seem to find in the menu tyre pressure monitor settings. It was when new a Startline panel van prior to its conversion.

I have searched a bit on here and I think it was a paid option needing activating , is this correct or am I just missing it somewhere?

If it’s a start line it may not have tyre pressure monitors. Mine hasn’t.

Can anyone give me a definitive answer my brand new converted campervan I can’t seem to find in the menu tyre pressure monitor settings. It was when new a Startline panel van prior to its conversion.

I have searched a bit on here and I think it was a paid option needing activating , is this correct or am I just missing it somewhere?
If its a T6.1 I am pretty sure how to activate the indirect has not been worked out yet. Im still trying to find that info. The direct with tyre pressure sensors in the valves is an option unlikely to have been added on a startline, but you could tell by looking at the valves. If they are the normal rubber ones you dont have it.

The valves look normal same as my wife’s Golf but she has monitoring. Yes it is a T6.1 Startline with some options fitted from new I believe, I don’t mind if it doesn’t have tyre pressure monitoring but just assumed all vehicles were supposed to have it though on some searching is that “passenger” vehicles only which TBF this is now really.

Hi

I’ve got a t6.1 with direct type factory option tpms and I’m the opposite after changing wheels to 20s and swapping sensors in it now says pressure too low and Tyres are on 48psi but tpms needs more? I’m thinking can I adjust or even code out as brand new van with light on dash now

To adjust the stored pressure options a new file will need to be loaded into the van with an additional pressure setting for your 20s
You will need someone with ODIS or VCP software to do this for you, have a search for any local retrofitting companies who should be able to sort it

I have an xml file that holds all the OE values with an extra entry for 20 inch wheels set at 36 or 40 psi, happy to share if you can find someone to load it on for you

Hi Pauly

That would amazing thanks! Pls excuse my ignorance but what is needed to load it on, just wondering if a garage with standard diagnostics can handle or wether I’ll have to look a bit harder. All for a light eh, pretty annoying though seeing the tyre light every day

Thanks again
Nic

Back