T6.1 Thatcham Alarm / immobiliser category

Rustic12

T6 Pro
Does tknow if my new 6.1 highline has a category 1 thatcham alarm. Trying to sort out my insurance. TIA

thanks for the reply Ads but I couldn’t find anything there that relates to the van. I’ll have to dig a bit deeper

thanks for the reply Ads but I couldn’t find anything there that relates to the van. I’ll have to dig a bit deeper
You will on page 35.
Click on the link, select OEM and then scroll down to Find Out More. That’ll open the PDF listing the vehicles Thatcham approve.

Does anyone know what category thatcham alarm the 6.1 has ? Mine has been converted into a camyand inch trying to insure it
TIA

Not sure what a Camyand Inch is;)... In the T6 it depended ont he model you bought, I believe the HiLine had a Cat 1 alaram and imobiliser but others had lower spec.

This is from the compare spec page on VW website, so startline needs to be added in a pack, Hi LIne it's included;

1626945283029.png

Not sure what a Camyand Inch is;)... In the T6 it depended ont he model you bought, I believe the HiLine had a Cat 1 alaram and imobiliser but others had lower spec.

This is from the compare spec page on VW website, so startline needs to be added in a pack, Hi LIne it's included;

View attachment 124463
It doesn't state imob or thatcham cat... I'd just call your local dealer, they 'should' be able to answer straght away.

@A Bridge Too Far Camyand is old English for camper van. Thought everyone knew that
Forgot to add it’s a Highlne. I have called and emailed the dealer to see what he comes back with. Thanks for your reply

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Does tknow if my new 6.1 highline has a category 1 thatcham alarm. Trying to sort out my insurance. TIA
I’ve just had an email back from Thatcham and a 6.1 Highline has a Category 1 alarm factory fitted . Hope this helps anyone else out who is trying to get there camper insured

I’ve just had an email back from Thatcham and a 6.1 Highline has a Category 1 alarm factory fitted . Hope this helps anyone else out who is trying to get there camper insured
How can you tell if it has an alarm, I've just bought a 2019 converted highline and the dealer said it didnt have an alarm?

How can you tell if it has an alarm, I've just bought a 2019 converted highline and the dealer said it didnt have an alarm?
You could wind down your window, close and lock the van with 2 presses of the fob(to disable the deadlocks) , wait 1 minute, lean in and open the door from the inside(pull twice on the handle).

Back