T6.1 T32 Kombi - Child seats - Question before ordering

Jampat

Hi all,
I have just joined the forum after many months of deliberating if my wife and I should make the jump and purchase a new T6.1 Kombi to replace our aging Ford S Max. We are a family of 5 and my 3 children are 7/4/4 years old and all in group 3 child seats. I am just about to sign the order form this afternoon but am having a last minute panic that maybe I wont be able to fit 3 child seats across the rear bench seat. In my head it was a safe bet, and the difficulties of lockdown/location/work etc have made it hard to get overly familiar with the vehicle. I was hoping other members have experience or are in the same situation regarding child seats and could confirm if they have successfully installed 3x group 3 child seats on the 3-seater bench?
Thanks.
Jamie

Ours is a 2015 kombi with the 3 seater bench. Only the outside 2 seats are isofix. Have never had 3 seats fitted, have 2 and have fitted them middle and side aswell as on the outsides so would be pretty confident you'd fit 3 but can't confirm 100% hopefully someone else can.

Thanks for that feedback, that's reassuring! Dealer has just measured the bench width and the widths of the individual bum pads so I can compare to our S Max.

Hi all,
I have just joined the forum after many months of deliberating if my wife and I should make the jump and purchase a new T6.1 Kombi to replace our aging Ford S Max. We are a family of 5 and my 3 children are 7/4/4 years old and all in group 3 child seats. I am just about to sign the order form this afternoon but am having a last minute panic that maybe I wont be able to fit 3 child seats across the rear bench seat. In my head it was a safe bet, and the difficulties of lockdown/location/work etc have made it hard to get overly familiar with the vehicle. I was hoping other members have experience or are in the same situation regarding child seats and could confirm if they have successfully installed 3x group 3 child seats on the 3-seater bench?
Thanks.
Jamie
Hi & Welcome
Did you and order?
Mine is a 21 Highline and with 2 + 1 rear seats and all 3 have isofix.

Go with 2+1 rear seats if you can. If they fitted the S max, you'll be fine. The 7yr old won't be in that seat for long, so think about where they'll then seat - not much fun in the middle...... Double front bench?

Back