T6.1 suspension on a T6 ?

I thought the suspension was different on the 6 and 6.1, or is it just the springs, so a complete swap is a fit?
The only real difference is on the front struts. The spring has a plastic/rubber seat piece that the T6 doesn't have. So long as it's a complete front strut and spring assembly then there are no problems fitting the T6.1 setup to a T6, or vice versa.

I thought the suspension was different on the 6 and 6.1, or is it just the springs, so a complete swap is a fit?

Yes a complete swap - I answered the original question, and presumed this - Has to be the the complete front struts and springs. Chris has explained above the reason.

Another hijacker here! I have the opportunity to buy a new set of springs and dampers off of a 2021 caravelle executive t30.

Question is will they fit my 2018 t30 lwb pv? @BognorMotors.

Cheers

By complete set you mean springs and dampers? What about top mounts? Would they need to be t6.1 or could I use the t6 ones.

Cheers

Another hijacker here! I have the opportunity to buy a new set of springs and dampers off of a 2021 caravelle executive t30.

Question is will they fit my 2018 t30 lwb pv? @BognorMotors.

Cheers
If the donor caravelle is a SWB the springs are 20 lower. So you can expect a ride height change but it’s small amount and won’t hurt .
Hi, sorry to hijack, but will the T6.1 fit a T5.1?

Thanks
The shocks and springs from all models of van T5 5.1 T6 and 6.1 will interchange , the things to watch for are splitting the T6 .1 front struts. The lower spring pigtail has a rubber pad glued on to it , this means the spring seat retaining tabs on the shock are wider to house it. , So as long as the shock and spring from a T6.1 stay together they will work in any van .,I think this is an attempt to make the van quieter but in all honesty the dampers are now made in Spain ( by who knows what company) and ambient road noise is transmitted through to the cab via the shocks. They have pretty much negated any advantage , we see significant noise level drops in the cab when fitting the Koni shocks its the first thing clients comment on !
also remember swapping springs can be a minefield as there are lots of standard springs all designed to carry different weights , if you fit a T32 rear spring to a base model T28 with no weight , the rear will bounce all over the place , as an example

Back