T6.1 steering wheel vibration

N12kje

Hi All, I’ve just fitted B14’s and 20” wheels To my 150DSG but unfortunately the van is now suffering from steering wheel vibration at around 65-70mph. The van has had a full 4 wheel alignment / wheels re-balanced and tyre pressures checked. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi All, I’ve just fitted B14’s and 20” wheels To my 150DSG but unfortunately the van is now suffering from steering wheel vibration at around 65-70mph. The van has had a full 4 wheel alignment / wheels re-balanced and tyre pressures checked. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
No expert but if you’ve had spacer‘s put on and them and your wheels are not flat on the hub you could get vibration ..that wouldn’t show as the wheels ( assumption) where balanced off vehicle .....perhaps loosen off the wheel nuts and retighten..make sure the surfaces are clean ...failing that get the 4 wheel alignment done again :)

At that speed, it could be wheel balance, might be worth getting them checked also

My first thought was also wheel balancing needs checking, but you say that’s already been done when they were fitted so maybe not. It’s possible that one of the weights has fallen off though, so still worth double checking at a good tyre fitter.

My first thought was also wheel balancing needs checking, but you say that’s already been done when they were fitted so maybe not. It’s possible that one of the weights has fallen off though, so still worth double checking at a good tyre fitter.

wheel balancing, or a buckled rim.

try swapping the front set for the rear set and see if the vibration moves from the steering wheel to the peddles/chassis.

indication its coming from the rear.

try a different shop when re-balancing. . .

Thanks for advise all! I’ve still got the original wheels, so going to have a look at the suspension and fit the original wheels to see if it makes a difference!

Hi I had similar problems at 65-75mph I took the van back in and had the balance looked at again and sure enough it was the wheels that had been incorrectly balanced! I took it straight back out on the motorway all was good.

Back