T6.1 Sportline: Jack but no Spare Wheel

Delboy42

Hi Guys. I have had the sportline 2 days. And love it. A few things to sort like sound proofing carpeting etc. But I am confused as to why I have a 10 kg car jack but no spare wheel.

Somebody pinched it!! Happens a lot and you'll find a handy lock on here to stop the thieving b*st*rds!

That’s because they don’t come with one, you should have a compressor pump and tyre sealant.

Have same issue, just received my new Kombi Sportline Black Edition. No spare wheel because apparently the new wheels won’t fit the space provided for a spare and carrier bar for spare not supplied. Now the tyres that are fitted to this van are Hankook Ventus S1 evo 3 - 255/45ZR18. Prefer not to be left stranded if and when I might have a blowout on M25 in the rush hour. OK can get the carrier on line with a locking bolt online but any thoughts on best wheel tyre combo to get you home that could be used , steel or alloy? Take it, circumference needs to be the same ideally if not can only be used on rears which is not ideal if front blows out. Now just need to sell my T6 2019…….

4CF8B133-FE46-44FC-A899-CA6265B3B50C.jpeg

33A9ADE4-2612-46C8-A6FA-BD24E2DF7DF1.jpeg

3368EA59-70B0-4A75-8CA1-3D47ABE7DCAA.jpeg

I thought it didn’t get a spare to keep it under weight? My last t32 had a 17” steel spare from factory to fit over the larger brakes. I’m thinking of getting one to keep inside the van, as I’ve had one stolen from underneath in the past.

What’s the probability of a blow out? Had a few punctures from nails etc over the years, but managed to pump them up and get repaired. I do carry a puncture repair kit as per Dellmassive recommendation but never needed it yet. Actually got a spare wheel and hanger in the shed for the last van but never fitted.

Just changed the Hankooks after about 8000 miles of use. Now on 9000 and it’s first VW service is booked but I did change the oil after 1100 miles.

What’s the probability of a blow out? Had a few punctures from nails etc over the years, but managed to pump them up and get repaired. I do carry a puncture repair kit as per Dellmassive recommendation but never needed it yet. Actually got a spare wheel and hanger in the shed for the last van but never fitted.

Just changed the Hankooks after about 8000 miles of use. Now on 9000 and it’s first VW service is booked but I did change the oil after 1100 miles.
I think the possibility of a blow out is low as the tyre pressure warning will sound first.
I'm on 11k and still plenty of life left in the Hankooks.

I booked my oil service when the dash indicator came up at 8.2k, main dealer can't get it until 30th November.

Back