T6.1 speaker & tweeter upgrade

Kingsimon2000

VIP Member
T6 Pro
After 2 days of surprisingly little swearing, I have all the wiring done inside my t6.1 for an Amp in the near future ( big job got canceled! ).
Absolut5 Jason has recommended the hertz mille pro 2 way speakers for the doors but I'm seeing if anybody has any other speakers to check out.. Ideally cheaper but just as nice. ; ) .. Also note they have to fit the t6.1.. not the same as the t6. many thanks.. I'll stick some pics up of the strip down if anybody wants to see inside the 6.1 dash..

Hertz Mille pro components, plus the plug and play amp

the speakers are not massively expensive, drop me a pm or call and il see if I can do a better deal

How did this turn out?
Fantastically .. I did scare myself in how much of the van I was taking to bits! but I got there in the end.. ( only mistake was forgetting in the rush to get the seat in and forgot to reconnect the cables under the drivers chair and turned the ignition on! Doh! got the airbag warning light up ) .. I got the amp under the drivers seat ok and put a sub under the passenger seat ( an old Anthony Gallo sub mp150 from a spare home cinema set up ..perfect fit ) .. I'll see if I have a snap of where I stuck the crossovers.. The sound is stunning... I've got the small sub level knob near the light switch.. in town I turn it down and then oontz it up on the motorways.. Light and day from what it came with. Its so worth the effort .

The T6.1 does have very limited space to fit speakers,

Are you amping them? If not then I suggest sticking to standard and adding a small active sub

or we do a plug and play Hertz door/tweeter and Kenwood amp setup, which gives Huge gains

I’ve got a new jbl under seat active sub to fit
I’m a bit of a fan boy for jbl
So u think I can’t fit these speakers?

I’ve got a new jbl under seat active sub to fit
I’m a bit of a fan boy for jbl
So u think I can’t fit these speakers?
You will need a set of 15-18mm spacers, regards to enough space for them I’m not sure as we do not use them, we use Hertz mpk165.3 as they have quite a long throw voice coil to overcome the diameter, with our plug and play amp they give a massive improvement

many speakers being marketed will give little or no improvement because the headunit cannot drive them properly, so we pick and choose our products carefully to give owners a big grin,

all our speaker packages are plug and play

I went for the Hertz speaker set from Absolut 5 plus the wiring harness.. It was a bit of a project but with the amp under the drviers seat and the sub sitting under the passengers the sound is exceptional... only let down now by this issue with carplay! see thread... defo worth the effort.

Back