T6.1 SOS Error: emergency call. Workshop!

I think you have got 3 different issues not connected directly. One is the SOS module, which need replaced. Mine has just been replaced.
Second issue is the infotainment. My unit has been replaced as well. 3rd Issue is the engine stalling: did you notice anything weird? Is your oil temperature steady on the screen? I am asking because I had stalling issues and they were related to oil sensor which was faulty and triggered EPC and ESP lights, hence the edit was cutting power.
Thanks. no nothing else weird at all. Everything else is working fine and no other warning lights, other than the engine management warning came in when it stalled first time. But went off immediately after restart and hasn’t come back on.

It sounds to me more like the SOS fault for you is a symptom of something else going on in the electronics rather than a fault in the SOS system.

Do you have a fault code reader and are there any logged?

I wouldn't put too much weight on connectivity issues between phone and head unit, they are very sensitive to upgrades in the phone OS and USB C is a complex collection of protocols.
Sadly, no don’t have a fault logger. But it’s booked in with VW, so they’ll be getting a list of issues to work through and diagnose.

It’s been trouble free since new, and sods law, just as we are approaching 3 years (end of March) this has started. Seems strange that they all occur at once - and I’m not a believer in coincidences.

Out of nowhere we got this error this evening.
It’s a 2023 T6.1 that’s covered 6000 miles.
I’m assuming it’s just we won’t be able to make an SOS call with this error. Is that the case?
Just trying to gauge the importance of the error as getting to VW during the week is difficult and I guess weekend appointments are scarce at best!

IMG_1137.jpeg

Yes is doesnt effect the function of anything else more of an inconvenience really !

It was noted that faults in this area can impact the head unit (and potentially over the air services and updates)

Back