T6.1 SOS Button Fault

Make sure they do the infotainment software update. That fixed mine as the module replaced previously didn't fix it.

Okay, I found what I think can cause this problem. My woes started when I messed about fitting the Black Vue dash cam. The f**king thing wouldn't stick to the windscreen properly, which meant that when it (often) came unstuck, I would angrily try to stick the damn thing back on. Once you push the top of the windscreen hard (mine is just below the rearview mirror) I would get the fault about SOS not working etc.

Being a clever kind of guy... I worked out, after this happening ten times or so, there must be some electrical connection in the area!

So this is what I've done, I pushed the windscreen down HARD on the outside (at the centre top) and touch wood, it's not happened again in 3 months or so.

I reckon that having a pop-top fitted can start this annoying process off, or make it worse.

I have no intention of messing about with this annoying fault again (unless it comes back) and hopefully, it might at least point someone else out in the right direction. :)

Back