T6.1 Slippery Floor Mats (front)

dj_

Australian Member
T6 Pro
I’ve got a new T6.1 and I’ve been finding that the floor mats pop off and slide around so easily.

I’ve got the rubber floor in the front cabin and the mats themselves keep sliding around and popping off the little pins/clips.

I’ve tried cleaning it with water and alcohol but it seems to just not be very grippy.

Is this happening to others? Or is there a trick to this I don’t know? Im kinda tempted to stick some strong Velcro strips so the mats don’t slide around.

Last edited:
Try VW Monster Matt's.

They are the OEM chunky rubber Matt's for the front.

Very good.

Try VW Monster Matt's.

They are the OEM chunky rubber Matt's for the front.

Very good.
Thanks mate I see them they look nice and chunky.

I forgot to specify my floor in the front cabin is rubber - so my oem normal rubber mats keep sliding and popping off the little push pin locks.

Is your floor underneath the mats rubber or carpet?

They’re usually coated with some silicon product that wears off after a bit. I used very soapy water and a micro fibre cloth to help it dissipate.

It was that bad in the van when I got it, it made the Amtico hall floor in the house like an icing rink having transferred off our shoes!

They’re usually coated with some silicon product that wears off after a bit. I used very soapy water and a micro fibre cloth to help it dissipate.

It was that bad in the van when I got it, it made the Amtico hall floor in the house like an icing rink having transferred off our shoes!
Oh that totally makes sense - I was just puzzled why rubber to rubber contact was so slippery!

I’ll try doing that next weekend and giving it a little scrub/brush to help get rid of that layer.

Fwiw....

I have OEM carpet.

Then OEM carpet Matt's ontop,

Then monster mats ontop.

Then Camperjam carpet Matt's ontop..

Yeh I know..... Nutts !?£#@

#princessandthepea.

But my carpet is nice and clean.

:slow rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: dj_
When I said ‘they’re’ I wasn’t clear - I meant the OEM floor covering in the van and not the mats. My van was second hand and had been valeted including something on the rubber flooring. It was incredibly slippy!

I have since added the chunky VW over mats and they hardly move at all and they are not clipped down, just lose.

Reactions: dj_
When I said ‘they’re’ I wasn’t clear - I meant the OEM floor covering in the van and not the mats. My van was second hand and had been valeted including something on the rubber flooring. It was incredibly slippy!

I have since added the chunky VW over mats and they hardly move at all and they are not clipped down, just lose.
Oh right! I found a set of the monster mats but I’m just checking if they’re compatible with the T6.1

I think the T6.1 has a slightly different mid tunnel design.

And no dsg foot rest?

I thought the price of the T6 over mats from the dealers was very reasonable. Often internet / ebay sellers are more expensive for certain parts compared to the dealers but its very convenient to click a few buttons and things arrive at the door!

Back