T6.1 Sliding doors wont open from the inside

FREDO

Australian Member
T6 Pro
I have a new T6.1 Van and I noticed that when I was in the back I could not open the sliding doors
from the inside. It has no seats in the back and I can not see a child safety lock anywhere.
Is there anything in the Discovery media I have missed.

I have a new T6.1 Van and I noticed that when I was in the back I could not open the sliding doors
from the inside. It has no seats in the back and I can not see a child safety lock anywhere.
Is there anything in the Discovery media I have missed.
There is a child lock button on the drives door switches.

The button (for mine) is in the drivers door as part of panel where the window controls are.
@Houlbt and the T6 forum saves the day again. Just had this same side loading door won't open from the inside issue. Went into a flat spin panic mode. Called Volkswagen Assist as we're on holiday at the moment and was worried that we wouldn't be able to get out of the van in an emergency during the night.
Then checked on the forum, ran back to the van checked the Child Locking button that I hadn't even noticed previously and that was the root of the problem. Muppet here had inadvertantly hit the button at some point during the day.
Quick call to cancel the VW Assist and back to drinking wine and eating BBQ.

Happened to me the other week, as I have dual sliding doors I thought it odd that both stopped working at the same time. Checked in the front and found the button had been pushed.

Back