My Kombi van is back in with the dealers due to leaking windows/doors again. I had a call from them yesterday saying they are changing the windows today. I ask the question have they fixed the issue with the design and his word were 'he believes there has been an redesign on the 'frames'. Let's hope this solves it?

You’d think that VW would have designed any problems out by now. How many years have they been making this type of door ?

Mine leaked on the O/S sliding door last weekend. I thought it was cos I’d used a power washer as it’s never done this before. It’s a 2021 panel van but i had fixed OEM windows fitted last year. It looked like it had come from the top seal

An update from my earlier post; I also see several others reporting the same issue - it's rubbish isn't it? My Kombi has been back to the dealer (Basingstoke) 3 times now. The last was for 4 weeks while they investigated the problem! They also had 2 new vehicles with the issue. The conclusion - prolonged rain (hours) allows a build-up of water past the top seal, it then overflows past the inner seal. Cause - the sliding door alignment is incorrect, particularly the O/S. They have fully adjusted both doors inwards and replaced the top outer seals, a new batch seems to be a slightly firmer rubber extrusion. It should be obvious the top outer seal is compressed when doors are closed.

It seems there is at least a batch(es) of Kombi's coming out of Germany with poorly fitting doors. So far I've not seen further ingress, but it's not yet rained significantly. Under consumer rights, I've reserved the right in writing to reject the van if it returns.

Should say my local dealer has been very good and diligent, even though the time scale has been frustrating. If you're still having problems push your dealer to move the doors inwards & replace top outer seals under warranty. If your seats are water stained they should be replaced under warranty. It's a VW problem, they need to deal with it and compensate where applicable.

View attachment 188238 View attachment 188239
Any idea how to pull the lower rear of the door closer to the body? Mine is not flush at all at the rear bottom, but is ok at front bottom, and ok along top edge.

Back