T6.1 roof antenna removal

DarrylDunn

T6 Pro
I am trying to find out how easy it will be to unbolt the roof mounted antenna on my t6.1.
I am hoping it can be accessed via the interior light console.
Any help and tips on accessing both of these?

Hi, it can be removed by loosening a nut under the headliner. You can see it from the photo below. Theres a wire running to it with a connector not close to the base, so I would suggest taking out the headliner for easier access. I've played with the headliner today but didn't touch the antenna.

F8E9F4BF-2E54-43A1-B833-05469366CD1B.jpegE67E5088-9765-4FF0-80A2-FC7DEB99EC59.jpeg

If you do decide to drop the headliner, I wrote some details how to take it out on this thread.

Hello

Thanks for the detail above and I hope you don’t mind my jumping in on this. I want to remove my antenna so I can get my pop top spoiler on. Where can I easily reposition the antenna so I don’t have to put it on the spoiler.

This is what it currently looks like. Not great

5838552E-4181-440F-9EA9-CAA4183A3C34.jpeg

i saw this the other day....

VW TRANSPORTER T6.1 Aerial Fix
VW have produced the T6.1 with little thought to fitting an aftermarket Pop Top. The aerial needs to be removed and repositioned but is then left with a hole in the roof.
We have been working with a range of conversion companies since the release of the 6.1 for a quick and easy fix.
Fitting: Simply bond the plate from the underside to create a seal around the filler. It’s advisable to mask around the edges of the hole from the outside to prevent adhesive from leaking into the external paintwork.

UK + EU Design Registration Present

1635416964702.png

I have just purchased that - thank you. What do I do with the DBA. Does it come apart and fit inside the van somewhere

the ones i have see have been relocated to the pop top.

i suppose they have had the loom extended?

I have just purchased that - thank you. What do I do with the DBA. Does it come apart and fit inside the van somewhere
They dont function if you position it inside the van according to several pop top manufacturers / fitters I have spoken to.

Hi Guys, any updates on this as it seems all the new T6.1 come with this antenna does the Pop top company relocate this as part of the service or do they just remove it and you need to sort it and does it work on a pop top as its not fitted to a metal roof ? I dont mind relocating it myself but need to find a loom and order one of those blanking plates hop someone can help cheers

Hi Guys, any updates on this as it seems all the new T6.1 come with this antenna does the Pop top company relocate this as part of the service or do they just remove it and you need to sort it and does it work on a pop top as its not fitted to a metal roof ? I dont mind relocating it myself but need to find a loom and order one of those blanking plates hop someone can help cheers
Perhaps try calling a conversion company or two - as if you were looking to have your roof converted - and ask them?

Back