T6.1 retrofit tailgate power-closing

Jenks.

Hello all,
I’ve got a T6.1 with soft close sliding doors, and was wondering if any of you clever people have done an electric tailgate conversion, if so be very grateful for information on how and where you sourced the kit from and cost
Cheers
Neil

I haven't got one or installed one yet, I was looking over the weekend and saw this one, they have confirmed (on a Facebook group) they offer a T6.1 version.

No idea if it's any good or not, would be interested to know if anyone's installed one!

@Pauly may have a view on these! I hope to go down the soft close sliding door route on my Cali with him. I had electric catching on the tailgate of my last Cali along with electric operation of my sliding door! Manual tailgate is fine for me on this one, but I’d like to get away from the kids hanging off the van to open the sliding door!

I haven't got one or installed one yet, I was looking over the weekend and saw this one, they have confirmed (on a Facebook group) they offer a T6.1 version.

No idea if it's any good or not, would be interested to know if anyone's installed one!
Thank you that looks the business

Not aware of anyone that has done one on a 6.1 but a few have done them on T6s, some are factory retrofits and some are aftermarket kits so depends what route you go down ?
@Deaky
@Robert
@carlg

T5.1/T6 aftermarket electric tailgate kits should work with T6.1 if connection to CAN bus is not required.

T6 OEM electric tailgate(components) are not compatible "electronically" with T6.1.

Hello all,
I’ve got a T6.1 with soft close sliding doors, and was wondering if any of you clever people have done an electric tailgate conversion, if so be very grateful for information on how and where you sourced the kit from and cost
Cheers
Neil
Hey Neil, mines a 6.1 lwb. its on my build as a option to do same as your side doors and electric tailgate, from vw be a good guild for you, at starting at £590. The wait is killing me, lol

T5.1/T6 aftermarket electric tailgate kits should work with T6.1 if connection to CAN bus is not required.

T6 OEM electric tailgate(components) are not compatible "electronically" with T6.1.

Where do you find the T5.1 soft close kits for the side door please??

Hey, couldn’t see if this has been covered before but advice would be appreciated.

I have a T6.1 that already has parking sensors and power latching tailgate. I am looking at having the tailgate as electric opening/closing. Has anyone done this and is it possible?

I have a new T6.1 and thought I had ordered it with an electric tailgate. It is electric locking only so I am enquiring to see if any one knows if it is possible to have the electric tailgate added or know of any one who carries out this work?

I have a new T6.1 and thought I had ordered it with an electric tailgate. It is electric locking only so I am enquiring to see if any one knows if it is possible to have the electric tailgate added or know of any one who carries out this work?
Hazzydayz will fit an OEM electric tailgate, not sure on 6.1 but on a T6 the tailgate needs replacing too. The cost is eyewatering. There are aftermarket kits that you can fit for a lot less money such as autoeeze Power Liftgate Retrofit

There are a few on here who have gone this route.

Hazzydayz will fit an OEM electric tailgate, not sure on 6.1 but on a T6 the tailgate needs replacing too. The cost is eyewatering. There are aftermarket kits that you can fit for a lot less money such as autoeeze Power Liftgate Retrofit

There are a few on here who have gone this route.
Thanks for the heads up and contacts. May stick with mandrolic !

Also could anyone tell me if i need the power latch for the retrofit to function?
Does it work with the normal basic catch?
Thanks in advance.

I’ve seen this kit in AliExpress. Has anyone tried ordering this for T6.1?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £361.50 40% Off | Car Rear Power Tailgate Auto Boot Strut Damper Shock Lift Actuator Electric Lid For VW T6 Transporter T6.1 Caravelle Multivan

Back