T6.1 rear window replacement - not the same dark tint as before.

Schoey

VIP Member
My T6.1 rear windows were both leaking in from the sliding window gutter channel. Had the full window replaced with new ones but with a new designed gutter so the VW centre told me. Hopefully this will fix the problem. But on inspection I noticed that the privacy glass is not as dark as before and is quite easy to see through. Are there two standards of tint. My van is the Kombi Highline. so should be fitted with privacy glass, but is there a standard tint too ? Checked the VW brochure but can only see the privacy tint.
Would very much appreciate any advice as now disappointed with the rear windows :( . I did mention this at the dealer ship and they reassured my they are identical and it was just the strong sun light ! Regards Schoey

Could it be if the old ones or new ones are insulated sliding windows or not? I bet there would be a slight difference in tint if insulated or not.

@Schoey my factory privacy glass wasn't very private. A local company added a further tint and I'm happy with them now. It was bundled in with some other works but I think I paid around £100.

@roverhat & @Schoey

Before with factory privacy glass:-

IMG_6622.JPG

Struggling to find a good photo directly side on with the additional tint, best i can find:-

62340849289__B56ADE31-6587-462C-9FBF-92B5765EB6A9 2.JPG

I think the tint added was one level back from a full limo tint. From the inside its fine you can see out fine. To see in you need to have you face on the glass, and then it hard to see inside.

Back