T6.1 rear wheel arch cover

Jimi

I have just received a new T6.1 with rear heater assembly. I had no idea it would be so large.

any guidance where I can buy the same or similar moulding to go the opposite side of the van to make the back look symmetrical?

I will be insulating and lining. I think it will look horrible as it stands without any symmetry in the back.
Thanks in advance

99691549-65E9-4F35-A4B8-8D73549BE9C6.jpeg

0CC3D72E-F2CF-4E30-ADC6-92306F04A4B6.jpeg

9EB73BC7-53C9-4CC5-A910-7C2FF1A8E176.jpeg

I have just received a new T6.1 with rear heater assembly. I had no idea it would be so large.

any guidance where I can buy the same or similar moulding to go the opposite side of the van to make the back look symmetrical?

I will be insulating and lining. I think it will look horrible as it stands without any symmetry in the back.
Thanks in advance

View attachment 83684

View attachment 83685

View attachment 83686
Highly unlikely that you can and if you could it would lose a lot of valuable space.
Was it on the your list of options when you put the order through, if not you may have recourse for a refund and removal?
No idea if you are going for a camper conversion in the future but if you are there certainly aren’t many symmetrical conversions, it’s also located exactly where most put furniture.
Seems like a huge piece of ugly equipment simply to heat the rear of the van especially as you don’t have a bulkhead.

Highly unlikely that you can and if you could it would lose a lot of valuable space.
Was it on the your list of options when you put the order through, if not you may have recourse for a refund and removal?
No idea if you are going for a camper conversion in the future but if you are there certainly aren’t many symmetrical conversions, it’s also located exactly where most put furniture.
Seems like a huge piece of ugly equipment simply to heat the rear of the van especially as you don’t have a bulkhead.

i order passenger AC and rear heater from memory. Ordered late January delivered yesterday. Your right that this is one ugly and overly large unit. I am disappointed and will probably have it removed and just keep standard panels.

Shame it is all so very badly made as the moulding doesn't even fit that snuggly with the hardboard panelling above. VW could have tried much harder here

the electric motor door covers are also equally as ugly and massively oversized but ill have to live with them

Hi @Jimi ....May just be Vw want money for nothing...Good idea in Caravelle but not in a kombi....the big issue is VW just see it as a van and only really trim passenger carrying versions

Hi @Jimi ....May just be Vw want money for nothing...Good idea in Caravelle but not in a kombi....the big issue is VW just see it as a van and only really trim passenger carrying versions

Completely agree VanDamMan, VW seem to have an odd idea about what there cusotmers want and are looking for again. However at the end of the day this has been designed as an over priced delivery/work van so not much i can complain about really. Caravelle wasnt what i was looking for in a vehicle, such a shame VW don't do sometrhing halfway between the Transporter and Caravelle.

Back