T6.1 Plastic underbody panels

I had the same problem and managed to fix it back. Got some new clips and also put silicon around and seems to hold it much better.

Happened to me recently after I hit a flood in the dark which mashed the tray on the offside. Mangled the diesel heater ducts as well. Around £250 to have the tray replaced.
Main dealer part ? It’s really poor design isn’t it

Just happened to me this weekend was only doing 25 mph wasn’t even that deep a puddle absolutely rubbish
Has anyone idea on prices for replacements mines the full front near side with the heat sheild or tin foil it’s that crap

I think mine was about £80 from VW dealer - easy to fit if you can get the van raised up a bit.

Pete

I've never bothered replacing mine. Can't say I've noticed any adverse effects and I've done nearly 50k miles.

The T6.1 is the most disappointing van I've ever owned. Undertray torn off, water in tailgate, bluetooth unusable, DAB radio can't get stable reception, SOS call thing warning that I can't get sorted, radar sensor for cruise often "impaired", van often goes into reduced power mode with glow lamp flashing.

Only had the van three years but I'm seriously considering a Vito or Vivaro.

Have to agree with you there, by far the lightest and least VW VW I've ever owned... Under tray and heat shield needing yet more attention tonight after driving through standing water at 40mph. Had planned to keep the van for life when purchased new in 2020 but with only 40000miles on the clock it drives and feels like a 1986 Nissan Micra..

Back