T6.1 phone interference

I have found that when it starts crackling/skipping while on spotify, if I press pause and then play after a couple seconds it clears it. Returns after a while tho. Also, it seemed to stop once I turned engine off but left key in. I now have a wireless dongle (which is excellent), thinking this might sort it but it still happens, just not as severe. I'll try the reset tomorrow. When someone finds a solution, please tell all so we can all get it done while we're on warranty (I have a 21 plate t6.1). Cheers all.

Had mine in for a service last week and asked them if they’d got a fix yet and basically still no fix although one of the mechanics said he set his security to minimum and it’s been fine for a few months. ( he has a caravelle).

Hi all, any updates on solutions for this, been doing the factory reset but it does not last more than about a week.
cheers

Had mine in for a service last week and asked them if they’d got a fix yet and basically still no fix although one of the mechanics said he set his security to minimum and it’s been fine for a few months. ( he has a caravelle).
My been fine since I picked it up in March. Sometimes a bit slow when connect but usually behaves.

Went to dealer today and booked in to have it looked at. Guy suggested deleting the Bluetooth link in phone and head unit, use wired link only on genuine Apple cable. Do a soft reset on iPhone, shut all background apps, also don’t have the phone volume on max when connected, have it halfway and use the head unit control for volume. He says to do these before the van goes in as it’s there starting point. They have heard of the issue so hopefully there is a fix via update. Booked in for the 10th October so I’ll report back when I have results.

So to follow up. Van had the head unit looked at today whilst in having the Bowden cables done. All software up to date, genuine cables being used, usb checked. The outcome was that they are aware of the issue as a know problem but they see it as a problem with Apple and carplay, not the VW head unit or software. So not really a good outcome, as I’m sure if I went to Apple with the issue no doubt they would disagree. I have a Honda with wireless car play that is faultless so wondering if anyone has had success with a wireless adapter curing the fault ? As for now looks like it’s the factory reset after about every 9 hours of Spotify for me

3 of us with a t6.1 have an identical problem… the hands free is terrible, it starts off ok but at some point just deteriorates so that you sound like a dalek to the other end. We know it’s not a phone issue because we chat to each other regularly and the only fix is to pull the cord and put the phone on loudspeaker. So it’s not a signal issue. VW have investigated mine and found nothing wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Clearly there is an issue and wondering if anyone has found a fix?

What type of phone?

What type of connection?

A lot of people seem to have issues with modern iPhones for both calls and music playback:

yeah if the lead is cheap then that’ll happen, this is specifically the hands free … we all have different phones and decent wires and all have the same problem when talking

What that guy says happens when it’s buffering now I think about it .. I listen to audible a lot and have to pause it occasionally to bring it back on track

the problem is it sounds fine in the van it’s the person on the other end that struggles… seriously, no one else found a problem? I was hoping it would be recall

the problem is it sounds fine in the van it’s the person on the other end that struggles… seriously, no one else found a problem? I was hoping it would be recall
I am having the same issue, it sounds horrendous for everyone calling me! Have you found anything out?

Sorry mate, just seen this. Three of us had this problem and weirdly we were all on iPhone 13 Pro …. My brother has just updated his phone to the new iPhone and it’s much better…. What phone do you use

iPhone 13...how bizarre.

Surely this cant be the reason?!
It's somewhat tangential to the day job and trust me you'd be surprised.

Standards are there to ensure everything can interoperate without needing every combination to be actually tested (which is impractical) but there are still plenty of areas open to interpretation and not all of them get found or indeed acknowledged.

Back