T6.1 on its way

Nuclear9

1st of March, St David’s day and when I pick up the new Van and since the worst of the Winter will be behind us and hopefully Spring will be well established. Covid-19 is still going to mess things up for some time but I have to remain optimistic that some fun with the new T6.1 Highline Camper conversion can still be enjoyed. Nice to join a group of like minded enthusiasts and most probably I will have loads of questions going forward. The first one is whether to swap the standard 16” alloys for 18” alloys and lower the suspension by 30 to 40mm? Why? Just to fill the wheel arch since as a Camper conversion It’s not going to be used for loading up anymore than the conversion and only my wife and myself will be riding in it. I do like a slightly firmer ride as well, used to firmer suspensions and not had experience yet of driving the van on the standard set up and wheels. Anyway, here goes, any advice appreciated. Last thing, it’s a T28 short wheel base 150DSG.

Reactions: CAB
@CRS Performance, your not far from me and reading your replies, you seem to be the guru’s on suspension questions. My van will come from Rolling Homes in Shrewsbury and they said they can lower the van by using the VW garage near them as they work closely with them. They also told me any change of alloys or suspension will need the ‘radar’ re-calibrating? These are the alloys I am looking to buy to change from the standard 16” alloys E01EAE5B-89FB-40C0-A00E-82B1739FACED.png
Any help in finding the balance to lower the suspension to accommodate these alloys/wheels would be appreciated. I researched that EIBACH comfort 2 would do the job?

Last edited:
CRS, your not far from me and reading your replies, you seem to be the guru’s on suspension questions. My van will come from Rolling Homes in Shrewsbury and they said they can lower the van by using the VW garage near them as they work closely with them. They also told me any change of alloys or suspension will need the ‘radar’ re-calibrating? These are the alloys I am looking to buy to change from the standard 16” alloys View attachment 100029
Any help in finding the balance to lower the suspension to accommodate these alloys/wheels would be appreciated. I researched that EIBACH comfort 2 would do the job?
@Nuclear9 If you place an @ symbol before a users name, it’ll tag them and give them a notification that they’ve been mentioned in a post. Otherwise, even on a thread that they’ve taken part in or even started, they may no longer be ‘watching’ it and as such miss your message.

@CRS Performance

Oh and welcome to the forum! You’ll find that what Steve doesn’t know about suspension probably isn’t worth knowing.

Back