T6.1. oil sensor

kiidrockk

VIP Member
Has anyone encountered the same problem. Occasional shows "oil sensor: please visit workshop" T6.1. TDI 103kw / 150hp, dsg
IMG_7061v.jpg

Once when the engine was cold, others i do not rember. Oil stick showed 2/3 full between min and max.
It also goes away when driveing.

It’s on a considerable number of T6.1’s - 110 and 150 bhp. vw have a software fix at approval stage according to VW commercial customer care. Contact them

Any update on this from anyone ? I have the same thing on my van for a couple of weeks now. I contacted VW customer care and surprise surprise - I got told to take it my dealer and they can’t offer any advice. What is it a sensor of ? Where is it ? Has anyone replaced it ?

Any further updates on this topic. I'm currently experiencing the same issue. The oil level is fine, so I'm not too worried, but my two local dealers can't even look at it for at least 10 days.

Hmmm, so it’s either a software issue or a hardware problem. Let’s see which way wind blows at VW this week.

Mine went to the dealer and turned out to be a fox or similar had chewed through the wiring ! They repaired the loom and it’s been fine since.

For example as below - by taking advantage of VCDS diagnostic tool.

For example as below - by taking advantage of VCDS diagnostic tool.
Thank you I only have Carista to check just wondered if you could test with a meter ?

Thank you I only have Carista to check just wondered if you could test with a meter ?
Carista would tell if the sensor itself feels being not in working condition.
I'm afraid a traditional voltage/resistance measure won't give anything useful. The communication from sensor is just a digital data stream.

Carista would tell if the sensor itself feels being not in working condition.
I'm afraid a traditional voltage/resistance measure won't give anything useful. The communication from sensor is just a digital data stream.
Nice one you learn something new everyday thank you for you advice

Reactions: mmi
An update on mine…VW found a sensor fault and a ÉCU fault! So, I’ve a new ÉCU and sensor, and still no resolution. They’ve had it for over two weeks now ( and I really miss my van) and I’m travelling around in a hired Vito.

An update on mine…VW found a sensor fault and a ÉCU fault! So, I’ve a new ÉCU and sensor, and still no resolution. They’ve had it for over two weeks now ( and I really miss my van) and I’m travelling around in a hired Vito.
“Ouch” sounds like deep pockets needed I’ll update on my progress

All under warranty fortunately, but I’d rather be in my van than this mucky rental from Europcar, the worst rental company I’ve ever experienced.

Back