T6.1 "Oil pressure: Stop!" warning when trying to start

Hi.

I'm getting an "Oil pressure: Stop! Consult vehicle wallet." warning message when I'm trying to start our 2020 T6.1 - the engine won't start (was fine yesterday). Checked oil levels and they seem good. Is there anything else I need to check?

IMG_3419.jpg

I’d be straight on the phone to VW Customer Services, unacceptable service quality by any standards
Yeah - I've escalated it. I'm not very happy with the situation.

First the roadside assistance guy said my closest van centre wasn't accepting new jobs atm, so he suggested the next closest (it seems without checking availability). VW did originally say I can move it (to a van centre even further from me) but AA want me to pay for the privilege. VW didn't make it clear there would me a further charge - they just said to ring Roadside Assist to sort it. For it not to be looked at for so long, and with no courtesy vehicles available is a bit of a joke.

Let's see what they come back with... Will post updates as I have them.

Yeah - I've escalated it. I'm not very happy with the situation.

First the roadside assistance guy said my closest van centre wasn't accepting new jobs atm, so he suggested the next closest (it seems without checking availability). VW did originally say I can move it (to a van centre even further from me) but AA want me to pay for the privilege. VW didn't make it clear there would me a further charge - they just said to ring Roadside Assist to sort it. For it not to be looked at for so long, and with no courtesy vehicles available is a bit of a joke.

Let's see what they come back with... Will post updates as I have them.
If VW don’t have a courtesy van they is no logical reason why they cannot pay for a hire van.

Just wanted to share an update on this...

Basically, there's not much to update! :mad:

The van centre have been looking at it for almost a couple of weeks now with not much to report - it seems they aren't really sure what's going on. They think the fuel isn't getting to the engine so fitted a high pressure fuel pump. However, that hasn't worked - they aren't sure if the new pump is defective or it's something else and are doing more tests!

Not looking good.

They think the fuel isn't getting to the engine so fitted a high pressure fuel pump. However, that hasn't worked - they aren't sure if the new pump is defective
Well I think it’s time to get the recovery truck to another garage at their expense.
The fuel pressure sensor will register the fuel pressure and as for a brand new pump being defective…..

Well I think it’s time to get the recovery truck to another garage at their expense.
The fuel pressure sensor will register the fuel pressure and as for a brand new pump being defective…..
We’ve owned the van for less than 6 months (coming up 3 months) so I’m going to start looking at the process to reject the vehicle for a replacement/refund.

Back