T6.1 oil level warning: Reduce Oil Level!

Matthewsn79

Any body else had this??? First happened at 990 miles AA drained the oil level then it happened again at 1060 its now been recovered at taken back to a dealship...

20200704_163306.jpg

Not seen this on VW but heard of diesel getting into the sump when re-genning due to it washing past the rings when altering the injection cycle. That can make the level rise as it dilutes the oil. Silly question, did you or the AA person sniff the dipstick?

alternatively a faulty sensor?

You need to check the dipstick level to confirm.

Possible high level causes, ..
As above, or coolant in oil faulty sensor, or conection or wire loom.

Or over filling.

Last edited:
Further to @Dellmassive ’s comment, did you check the oil level via the dipstick at all? Did you check the filler cap? Any emulsion on either? The Euro 6’s do get a bit of moisture in the filler neck, but this shouldn’t be excessive.

The dealer should analyse the oil when they have it in case there is something else getting in there.
As said, shows us the dipstick level.

Not seen this on VW but heard of diesel getting into the sump when re-genning due to it washing past the rings when altering the injection cycle. That can make the level rise as it dilutes the oil. Silly question, did you or the AA person sniff the dipstick?

alternatively a faulty sensor?
I have seen a few posts about the 110ps engine having this issue with fuel mixing with the oil and VW don’t seem to have a fix yet and the problem reoccurred. Seems short journeys are especially problematic, hope it gets sorted soon

Hi - urgent advice needed! Picked up my 2019 VW Shuttle almost a week ago. Bought it from a dealer but not a VW dealer. They serviced it (oil & filter) before handover. Yesterday I got an ‘oil level too high’ warning. Contacted them and took it in today. They acknowledged there was 0.5litres too much oil in the engine. They drained and have put new oil & filter. Should I be worried re engine / cat damage? I’ve only done about 200 miles since pick up and the warning only came on (in total with the miles to take it back in today) about 30 miles ago. What do people think? Cheers, Mike

If they are not VW dealers it may be worth checking they have used an oil to VW 507 00 spec if you intend to use the Long Life servicing. If not the oil will need changing at 12 month or 10,000 miles. I don't know if this could effect VW warranty?

Attachments

• Longlife_servicing (1).pdf
    37.1 KB · Views: 15
If they are not VW dealers it may be worth checking they have used an oil to VW 507 00 spec if you intend to use the Long Life servicing. If not the oil will need changing at 12 month or 10,000 miles. I don't know if this could effect VW warranty?
TBH I was going to have it serviced every year / 10k as not a big fan of long life. I’ve run a new vehicle up to 300k miles in the past - dropped the oil & filter every 10k without fail and it lasted well. I will check about the warranty

Phoned my local VW dealer and explained the whole story - as the vehicle has only done 9000 miles they said just bring it to them at 18,000, 2 years (from new i.e in a year’s time roughly) or when the light comes on - whichever occurs first - and the warranty will be fine because with ‘ordinary’ oil in it I won’t have gone over 10,000 miles, or a year etc etc and they’ll just ‘pretend’ this PDI service never happened. I’m Happy with that

Back