T6.1 Numerous warning lights after utilising factory-fit aux battery wiring [Resolved]

Epic-Rob

Kiwi member
VIP Member
T6 Guru
OK so i have just pretty much finished a conversion on my new 6.1 during that time i had the bumpers off and parking sensors disconnected.
ACC still worked fine.
i turned parking sensors off on the dash, so i drove it a bit to paint shop etc and did get airbag light up as i just hadnt pushed connector back properly.
so after getting the bumpers painted i put those back on and connected front parking sensors back up.
now i have the ACC light on and not operative. Would painting the bumper (the little square in front of the ACC sensor) affect that sensor?
i have the EPC light on.
plus front warning assist
and error on auto stop start.

so not many really. I went into my local garage and he cleared all codes out but couldn't do the EPS and front assist.
the the ACC and cruise control arnt working.
when i spoke to VW garage they wernt too helpful when i said i had converted to camper but sait it would be fine to drive with EPC light on till they can look at it .

my only worry in i have moved all the relays, fuses etc under the seats and tucked them under mat so i can get the 2 leisure batteries in! so wondering if that has disturbed or caused any faults?

just wondering if anyone knows what might be causing so many errors?

If the battery has been disconnected it often takes a 10 minute drive for everything to relearn its job and one by one, the lights will go out.

low battery can also cause weird things, i owuld make sure it sufficiently charged, make sure its had a drive with everything reconnected, do a battery disconnect so everything can power cycle then clear codes again and see what you got, if faults persist then you will need to get more serious
Prob worth ordering yourself a fault code reader like carista (£25) so you can reset the codes your self

Reactions: mmi
ok so an update.
took van in to VW I suspect eyewatering bill is heading my way.
so i intercepted the large feed wire that is in place for the factory leisure battery and used that as the feed for my DC DC charger.
so somehow that has gone on to do something to the ACC. park sensors and warning lights. which are not at this mo able to be reset.
i dont know if i connected wires in wrong order to charger (can you do that?) or its a faulty dcdc charger but whatever.
Anyway - they havent found the problem yet only that they cant clear faults.
Did just same on T6 and all good.

OK so in conclusion and 5hr of VW time. in my T6.1 with ACC plus park sensors etc, just tapping my DCDC charger onto that large feed under seat (did same on T6) took enough power away from some other systems fed from it to throw them into a spaz and shut down.
It maybe something i did but i will certainly be running the power to DCDC charger direct from battery now via dedicated cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back