T6.1 new order delays

If the dealer ran a finance proposal with you at time of order, the rate at the time will be honoured.
Thats a bit of relief. Would be a bonus if they honoured everything at time of signing. Cant see that happening though.

So in case this is useful for anyone awaiting updates, I know there have been a lot of different experiences, but this is mine.

Ordered 27th Jan 2021.

(Edit: should have said was told I’d take delivery April/May 2021)

Pestered dealer semi regularly for 10 months with no updates other than finger in the air build weeks that kept shifting.

Early Novemeber was told should be built end November early December(ish).

Jan 5th told was built and at ‘the port’.

Take delivery this Friday.

So all in all virtually 12 months from point of order to collection.

LWB 204 4m Kombi w twin slide, led, rm towbar, discover media, heated washers, rear camera, swivel chairs and 2+1..

Good luck folks! Hopefully they start rolling out of the factory a bit quicker for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjn
So I have been stalking this thread since I placed my order last year.
This may give hope to some of you that seemed to be in the same boat as me
Ordered 150 manual with few extras, LED's front and rear, Rear view camera, power latching, rear wash wipe were the main ones.
Placed the order 26.05.21 with Autoebid.
Going forward had no correspondence whatsoever from the Van Centre in Ashford, Kent. Karen from Autoebid sent 1 email in September asking if I was happy with the progression of things. I said I knew of a big delay so was just waiting patiently :).....
Fast forward to 13th Jan and I sent an email asking for an update to which Karen replied she had checked with the dealer and they advised there was still no build date on the system and that she would chase again in 4 weeks time for me....
I have today had an email from David at the Van centre in Ashford telling the the van is built and in Germany! o_Oo_O:p:p
So unbelievable as it may seem but these orders do seem to be filtering through without any information appearing on their systems.
Hope you all get good news soon too x
I am dealing with exactly the same stakeholders! Karen at Autoebid and David at Ashford. I ordered 5 weeks after you, there is hope!!!!!!

Congratulations!

So I have been stalking this thread since I placed my order last year.
This may give hope to some of you that seemed to be in the same boat as me
Ordered 150 manual with few extras, LED's front and rear, Rear view camera, power latching, rear wash wipe were the main ones.
Placed the order 26.05.21 with Autoebid.
Going forward had no correspondence whatsoever from the Van Centre in Ashford, Kent. Karen from Autoebid sent 1 email in September asking if I was happy with the progression of things. I said I knew of a big delay so was just waiting patiently :).....
Fast forward to 13th Jan and I sent an email asking for an update to which Karen replied she had checked with the dealer and they advised there was still no build date on the system and that she would chase again in 4 weeks time for me....
I have today had an email from David at the Van centre in Ashford telling the the van is built and in Germany! o_Oo_O:p:p
So unbelievable as it may seem but these orders do seem to be filtering through without any information appearing on their systems.
Hope you all get good news soon too x

I am dealing with exactly the same stakeholders! Karen at Autoebid and David at Ashford. I ordered 5 weeks after you, there is hope!!!!!!

Congratulations!
Dare I say that, having also dealt with the same stakeholders and ordered a week earlier than @Northern Soul Gal, I'm hoping my van does NOT arrive at dealers before the start of March. In my [possibly warped] view, a 22 plate van is modest compensation for the long wait, although I do accept this could be a case of "be careful what you wish for"!

You can ask the dealer to hold the van until 1st March when they can register as 22 plate.
If you can wait a bit longer!

I asked that question at the same dealers as mine hopefully will arrive about that time but he wasn't to helpful said they have to turn them around in 2 weeks once they arrive on site
Hopefully it falls nicely in March so a 22 plate and no price rise
(Will have to put up for sale my impulse buy 22 dub reg plate if not

You can ask the dealer to hold the van until 1st March when they can register as 22 plate.
If you can wait a bit longer!
I can ask, though not sure if they'd oblige given the current circumstances.

I asked that question at the same dealers as mine hopefully will arrive about that time but he wasn't to helpful said they have to turn them around in 2 weeks once they arrive on site
Hopefully it falls nicely in March so a 22 plate and no price rise
(Will have to put up for sale my impulse buy 22 dub reg plate if not
I wish you luck with that - you've got a 31-day sweet spot for getting a 22 plate without a price increase. Still, stranger things have happened...

I've not asked whether they would do this (March reg) but it would go someway towards making the 12 month + wait more bearable... I'm with JCB ashfords.

150, dsg, fortana red, twin electric sliders powered tailgate, swivels, heated seats, 2+1 rear, lane assist, trailer assist and tow bar, heated washers, tpms, rear quarter windows., 80L tank, discover media..

With the delay, I went a bit mad with options.

Nice wonder what's holding yours up ? mines just dsg150 captain heated seats Tail gate and led Headlights

Nice wonder what's holding yours up ? mines just dsg150 captain heated seats Tail gate and led Headlights
To be honest, I've no idea. I've read it's tow bars, dsg, probably a cumulation of lots of things.

Spoke to my dealer last week.....he seemed to suggest its mainly the 4M holding mine up but the fact I've specced it up with 20 or so options hasn't helped.( 204 LWB DSG PV 4m) Still holding out for a 'surprise' call to say its at the port as still no build week. Judging by the amount of new owners getting a surprise call im not sure build weeks count for anything anymore.

Spoke to my dealer last week.....he seemed to suggest its mainly the 4M holding mine up but the fact I've specced it up with 20 or so options hasn't helped.( 204 LWB DSG PV 4m) Still holding out for a 'surprise' call to say its at the port as still no build week. Judging by the amount of new owners getting a surprise call im not sure build weeks count for anything anymore.
Mine is a very similar spec to yours. 4m t32 lwb panel van with loads of extras. I ordered April last year. It arrived at the dealer Wednesday this week. I had a build week 41 which was October, it just said in build for weeks. So build week doesn’t seem to mean much!

Hi all. I ordered my kombi in June 21 and just had confirmed build date! At last. Week 8. A bit gutted I didn’t add swivel seats on the front as I had been thinking about it but it’s too late now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Anyone had experience of the factory swivels. Have I missed out? It’s only a kombi just thought it would be handy.

Anyone had experience of the factory swivels.
Not had first-hand experience, but I believe you lose the ability to adjust the seat-height with factory swivels (sure someone on here will correct me if I'm wrong). If that's something you want/need, there are aftermarket swivels available that allow height adjustment.

Back