T6.1 new order delays

ahh, right. Extremely useful. So, if I am understanding you correctly, despite having an initial estimate for Q1 2022 delivery, if this goes over, I will have to pay 2% per quarter (or whatever the VW price increase is) + inflation (which could get nasty soon)?
You're understanding is correct, though there is much confusion as to the size of the price increase. For example, my dealer told me the increase would reflect the list price effective at the point of delivery (which seems logical to me), but others, like yourself, have referred to some version of a "2% + inflation" formula (which seems damned outrageous to me).

I've just had an early morning call with (I do have empathy for some of these guys as it seems their main body of work at the minute is responding to customers chasing them up). He said the main delay at the minute is DSG. Whether that is true or not, is not known!

I've just had an early morning call with (I do have empathy for some of these guys as it seems their main body of work at the minute is responding to customers chasing them up). He said the main delay at the minute is DSG. Whether that is true or not, is not known!
What is disappointing , is that they are making floor stock but not filling back orders.
Why have they released the T7 when they have customers waiting on the T6.1 that they ordered over 12 months ago. There is a lot of DSG VW still being made. Sold units should be priority but VW don't look at it that way.

What is disappointing , is that they are making floor stock but not filling back orders.
Why have they released the T7 when they have customers waiting on the T6.1 that they ordered over 12 months ago. There is a lot of DSG VW still being made. Sold units should be priority but VW don't look at it that way.
I don't disbelieve you @FREDO (and nor would I put it past VW to act in such a way), but where did you get your info from re VW prioritising re-stocking of DSG units over fulfilling outstanding orders? This may be a naïve question, but what would VW's stockpile be for, if not to fulfil orders? :confused:

ahh, right. Extremely useful. So, if I am understanding you correctly, despite having an initial estimate for Q1 2022 delivery, if this goes over, I will have to pay 2% per quarter (or whatever the VW price increase is) + inflation (which could get nasty soon)?
Hmm. To add yet more confusion, I've just watched the video below, which suggests that VW price protection will only be removed for vans delivered after the end of June 2022, not the end of March 2022 as I had understood.

I don't disbelieve you @FREDO (and nor would I put it past VW to act in such a way), but where did you get your info from re VW prioritising re-stocking of DSG units over fulfilling outstanding orders? This may be a naïve question, but what would VW's stockpile be for, if not to fulfil orders? :confused:
I did not say VW were stockpiling what I said was vans with DSG gear boxes are being made that are sitting on dealers floor that are not sold yet and if the delay problem was shortage of DSG gear boxes like Steveparky was told by his dealer, why are they not using these DSG to fill back orders . At no time I said they were stockpiling. Just have a look around how many new un sold DSG T6.1 are on dealers floors, In Australia I can not say what it's like in the UK . So I just don't think the delays are because of shortage of DSG gear boxes. But what ever the delays are caused by I think they should be filling back orders before they build un sold stock. My dealer has a SWB DSG sitting on there floor now that is not sold.

I did not say VW were stockpiling what I said was vans with DSG gear boxes are being made that are sitting on dealers floor that are not sold yet and if the delay problem was shortage of DSG gear boxes like Steveparky was told by his dealer, why are they not using these DSG to fill back orders . At no time I said they were stockpiling. Just have a look around how many new un sold DSG T6.1 are on dealers floors, In Australia I can not say what it's like in the UK . So I just don't think the delays are because of shortage of DSG gear boxes. But what ever the delays are caused by I think they should be filling back orders before they build un sold stock. My dealer has a SWB DSG sitting on there floor now that is not sold.
Apologies - I misunderstood your previous post.

Since placing my order I've had no reason to visit a dealership, but from what others have said, there are very few, if any, new vans sat on dealers' forecourts here in the UK - be they DSG or manual.

Looks like i've got a few more months to wait then having ordered in March, although I've heard nothing from my dealer for nearly a month. :(

You guys must be the ones who have waited the longest on here?...Unless there are others?:whistle:

Excited for you! :thumbsup:
I ordered mine last march/April, I've contacted my dealer every 2 weeks over the past 6 months with the same answer of no news sorry!
I cantacted them last Monday and asked if there was some kind of list withing the dealer and if so where am I?!
He told me there are around 18 vans in front of me and to probably expect around March
Also spoke to VW commercial complaints chat about the 2% price increase. I've attached the picture to this of what they said.

IMG_20220115_103519.jpg

Don't like being doom and gloom but the comment from VW Complaints seems very open ended . "Should" be protected and also he doesn't mention anything about a March price increase only December. Details of it haven't really been finalised as far I've heard but expect it to be the price of the van when delivered whatever that may be . Speaking with the dealer they are going to try offset somehow but this depends on dealer to dealer.

Sorry don't mean to sound negative about it all you might be lucky and get a phone call next week saying its in country haha

Don't like being doom and gloom but the comment from VW Complaints seems very open ended . "Should" be protected and also he doesn't mention anything about a March price increase only December. Details of it haven't really been finalised as far I've heard but expect it to be the price of the van when delivered whatever that may be . Speaking with the dealer they are going to try offset somehow but this depends on dealer to dealer.

Sorry don't mean to sound negative about it all you might be lucky and get a phone call next week saying its in country haha
yeah agree with the comment... Clinging onto anything atm, and in regards to getting a call next week, hahahaha, we can dream

11months and 2 weeks wait!........:sleep: the debacle continues.....
Dealer says Poss Feb Build? maybe......:speechless:

Mine appeared in the country , without having a build on the dealers computer , went straight to being here ( well it’s in wales awaiting conversion now ) . I phoned the dealer as it was build week beginning of Dec , it had not changed to build and he thought it was delayed .

Just had a call that my van is week build 5.
Ordered a 4 motion 204 T32 DSG, twin electric sliders, tailgate, sat nav , extra heater and battery etc in March 2021.
Fingers crossed it doesn't get changed!

So I have been stalking this thread since I placed my order last year.
This may give hope to some of you that seemed to be in the same boat as me
Ordered 150 manual with few extras, LED's front and rear, Rear view camera, power latching, rear wash wipe were the main ones.
Placed the order 26.05.21 with Autoebid.
Going forward had no correspondence whatsoever from the Van Centre in Ashford, Kent. Karen from Autoebid sent 1 email in September asking if I was happy with the progression of things. I said I knew of a big delay so was just waiting patiently :).....
Fast forward to 13th Jan and I sent an email asking for an update to which Karen replied she had checked with the dealer and they advised there was still no build date on the system and that she would chase again in 4 weeks time for me....
I have today had an email from David at the Van centre in Ashford telling the the van is built and in Germany! o_Oo_O:p:p
So unbelievable as it may seem but these orders do seem to be filtering through without any information appearing on their systems.
Hope you all get good news soon too x

So I have been stalking this thread since I placed my order last year.
This may give hope to some of you that seemed to be in the same boat as me
Ordered 150 manual with few extras, LED's front and rear, Rear view camera, power latching, rear wash wipe were the main ones.
Placed the order 26.05.21 with Autoebid.
Going forward had no correspondence whatsoever from the Van Centre in Ashford, Kent. Karen from Autoebid sent 1 email in September asking if I was happy with the progression of things. I said I knew of a big delay so was just waiting patiently :).....
Fast forward to 13th Jan and I sent an email asking for an update to which Karen replied she had checked with the dealer and they advised there was still no build date on the system and that she would chase again in 4 weeks time for me....
I have today had an email from David at the Van centre in Ashford telling the the van is built and in Germany! o_Oo_O:p:p
So unbelievable as it may seem but these orders do seem to be filtering through without any information appearing on their systems.
Hope you all get good news soon too x
Well Great News! for you Northern Gal, and thanks for the update as this is the van centre I have ordered mine from so gives me a bit of hope,
Enjoy your New wheels:thumbsup:

Well Great News! for you Northern Gal, and thanks for the update as this is the van centre I have ordered mine from so gives me a bit of hope,
Enjoy your New wheels:thumbsup:
Me two ordered mine a few weeks later from same autoebid and ashfords heard nothing but getting excited now

I can only hope this happens for me
Me too. With the price hike end of March and now the interest rate on finance almost doubling, I could well be pulling out of mine. Gutted as my T6 has gone and bought a cheap runabout until the new one arrived. Didn't order until end Sept 21 so highly unlikely mine will arrive before the price hike.

Me too. With the price hike end of March and now the interest rate on finance almost doubling, I could well be pulling out of mine. Gutted as my T6 has gone and bought a cheap runabout until the new one arrived. Didn't order until end Sept 21 so highly unlikely mine will arrive before the price hike.
If the dealer ran a finance proposal with you at time of order, the rate at the time will be honoured.

Back