T6.1 new order delays

I ordered mine, quite a basic spec 150 dsg, rear window and 2 swivel seats from Swansea back in Sept 21 and haven't heard nothing apart from a price increase from March email just before xmas. Noticed a comment earlier that its 2% plus inflation whatever it is at the time. Does anyone know if that's right or is it just 2 % ?
2% plus whatever inflation is I was told so expect 7-8% over the price I was quoted on day I ordered. As the lead time is over 12 months that isn’t unreasonable in the circumstances. Was told if I don’t like the new price when the vehicle arrives I can have my deposit back and walk away. Prior to this VW always honoured the price quoted on day of order.

Got email from dealer with no news or build slot and still unconfirmed for order made in August . Has anyone that ordered round about this time had any provisional build slots ???

Hi, we ordered ours at the beginning of October 2021 and had a phone call from the dealer on Monday of this week to say it had arrived - even the dealer was shocked as he was only expecting two to be delivered and they sent 3. He then had to work out whose it was. It was like Christmas all over again :somersault:

Hi, we ordered ours at the beginning of October 2021 and had a phone call from the dealer on Monday of this week to say it had arrived - even the dealer was shocked as he was only expecting two to be delivered and they sent 3. He then had to work out whose it was. It was like Christmas all over again :somersault:
OMG! You are very very lucky considering you order was only paced in October. What was your spec? Had you hijacked someone else's cancelled order?

Another one leaving this thread soon! :rolleyes:

Enjoy your new van and don't forget to post some pics.

Yeah we were really surprised considering we hadn't even paid a deposit yet! Having read this thread avidly we were expecting the dealer to call with news of a price hike so when he did call to say it had arrived, we nearly fell over.

It wasn't a cancelled order but we didn't have any bells and whistles either. It's a SWB Kombi 150 DSG, LED lights front and back, twin sliders with power latching all round and a rear view camera.

I promise pics as soon as we can and we'll be joining Team Pure Grey :)

I ordered first week in April and just had another email to say I still haven’t got a build date. I’ve run out of mods to buy for it so I’ve started buying stuff I don’t need for my old van.

Mine LWB 150 DSG ordered July 2021. Yesterday I was told it is going to be built in 5KW but no official confirmation yet. Really hope to have it in February. Short way to Poland...

Got email from dealer with no news or build slot and still unconfirmed for order made in August . Has anyone that ordered round about this time had any provisional build slots ???
Ordered mine late May (2021 that is :whistle:). I haven't had as much as a provisional build date as yet :(

Yeah we were really surprised considering we hadn't even paid a deposit yet! Having read this thread avidly we were expecting the dealer to call with news of a price hike so when he did call to say it had arrived, we nearly fell over.

It wasn't a cancelled order but we didn't have any bells and whistles either. It's a SWB Kombi 150 DSG, LED lights front and back, twin sliders with power latching all round and a rear view camera.

I promise pics as soon as we can and we'll be joining Team Pure Grey :)
That is the same spec as mine , infact its got more toys than me . DSG and LED but no power latching or that . I am shocked you must be over the moon .

You just never know whats going on , Even dealers have no clue whats arriving and whats not.

Congratulations

Yes, we are over the moon. From ordering to delivery we had no communication from the dealer at all, but we weren't in any hurry so we were ok with that. We did receive emails from VW Commercial saying our order is moving along etc etc and then all of a sudden..... it's here :D

Like you say, you just never know.

We did receive emails from VW Commercial saying our order is moving along etc

Really? o_O Is that the usual way of things? I've heard jack s*** from VW Commercial in the 8 months since I ordered :mad:. So does no comms = no progress then? :eek:

I don't think it's the usual way - even the dealer, who has worked for VW for 6 years, has never heard of VW Commercial emailing customers. He didn't know what we were talking about when we told him !

Reactions: Bav
I don't think it's the usual way - even the dealer, who has worked for VW for 6 years, has never heard of VW Commercial emailing customers. He didn't know what we were talking about when we told him !

You didn't place your order under the pseudonym of Carsten Intra did you? (Chief Exec of VW Commercial) :D

I ordered my 199 4 motion van in Dec 2020 and have been told it is built but missing some components , so not ready for shipping to Australia yet. VW Australia are a joke with customer feed back. It now looks like it will be May 2022 before it is ready. If I had not purchased so many Accessories that are in my shed I think I would cancel it.
The problem is what else do you get?

Ordered mine right at the end of Q2 (June 30th 2021). I don't understand how a dealer can still 'have no information on a build date', despite me having an email on the day I paid the deposit from VW saying 'you're on your way'. Seems a completely inconsistent approach reading through the thread.

Reagrding the pricing increase, I discussed this with my dealer and he identified that as I ordered in Q2, the price would be honoured? Contracts changed after this. Can anyone confirm this is accurate? Does anyone have experience of recently taking a new T6.1 and having to pay the increase?

I ordered mine exactly the same day, right before the price increase. My dealer hasn’t mentioned price increase but it due to get build end of the month.

Does anyone have experience of recently taking a new T6.1 and having to pay the increase?
If you're referring to VW not honouring price protection, then this only comes in to play for vans that can't be delivered before the end of March 2022 - i.e. no-one should have paid any increase yet.

If you're referring to VW not honouring price protection, then this only comes in to play for vans that can't be delivered before the end of March 2022 - i.e. no-one should have paid any increase yet.
ahh, right. Extremely useful. So, if I am understanding you correctly, despite having an initial estimate for Q1 2022 delivery, if this goes over, I will have to pay 2% per quarter (or whatever the VW price increase is) + inflation (which could get nasty soon)?

Back