T6.1 new order delays

Thats awesome news Basford...very exciting for you and yes gives us hope indeed.....mines very very similar spec, only LWB PV and one slider and ordered two months later. Did it go from a prov. build week to this? :thumbsup:
Cheers, Yes was ‘status 10’, then was told a week or two ago it was imminent, then it slid two weeks to 49 from 47.. but today told it went ‘status 20’ - which I dont know for certain, but was told is like the build being loaded into the system and committed. Whatever it is its progress

I am just talking to Autoebid about a new LWB Shuttle and have been quoted 2023 as a build date as all 2022 slots are taken . We really want one with lots of options so I am now wondering whether I should buy not quite what I want in the short term run it for a year or so and then chop it in for a new one once I can get one built. If I was to buy a 2019 model now is the depreciation going to fall of a cliff in the next 18months….

I am just talking to Autoebid about a new LWB Shuttle and have been quoted 2023 as a build date as all 2022 slots are taken . We really want one with lots of options so I am now wondering whether I should buy not quite what I want in the short term run it for a year or so and then chop it in for a new one once I can get one built. If I was to buy a 2019 model now is the depreciation going to fall of a cliff in the next 18months….
That is the million dollar question!! A long orderly queue has been formed for new vans .;)

If bought by a business then the depreciation isn't really an issue

@ncpierce , you are thinking about buying at the top of the market ( IMO ), and there is only one way for the market to go from this point. I can't see the SH values of all vehicles lasting much more than 3-4 months, so if you can wait, wait, but if you can't, well, it's a VW transporter and the market will stay relatively strong for some years to come, hopefully, but I'm getting 130% depreciation on my new van ( whenever it comes)!

I'm getting 130% depreciation on my new van ( whenever it comes)!
@Scruffy I am not sure what you mean by the above.

The catch-22 that I have at the moment is that now's a good time to release the equity from my current car - as prices are high - but with a factory order slot 12months+ down the line I would need something in the short term to keep me mobile.

The other option is to sell the Skoda and buy something older, cheaper, smaller and economical to run and bite the bullet on ordering a new one with the wait.

What I am leaning to now is buying one used now, take a hit on depreciation, and then maybe P/EX that in against the new one when it arrives, or keep it for my wife and have matching vehicles. It helps getting my thoughts on screen as a sanity check.

I'm buying my van through my company, and I'm getting 130% " super depreciation" which I can right off against my books over the next few years. It's a tax incentive, I assume to get the economy moving.

If you are going to order a new van, then yes sell your current car now as it's value is high, and if you can cope in a cheap run around for the next year or so, then do that. What you will find though, that cheap runarounds aren't cheap anymore.

But if you are thinking about buying a van as a short term thing, you will be paying top dollar for something I feel will crash in value in the next year.

I'm buying my van through my company, and I'm getting 130% " super depreciation" which I can right off against my books over the next few years. It's a tax incentive, I assume to get the economy moving.

If you are going to order a new van, then yes sell your current car now as it's value is high, and if you can cope in a cheap run around for the next year or so, then do that. What you will find though, that cheap runarounds aren't cheap anymore.

But if you are thinking about buying a van as a short term thing, you will be paying top dollar for something I feel will crash in value in the next year.
Exactly. My vans not due to June ish. I've bought a £400 passat 130 hi line as a smoker for a while!

Exactly. My vans not due to June ish. I've bought a £400 passat 130 hi line as a smoker for a while!
We could just about manage with the current fleet in the short term if I sell the Kodiaq now but longer term we are thinking that a pair of transporters could be the future for us so getting one now might work out OK if its a long term plan....

That's always the gamble with buying and selling cars - demand vs supply.... Who has a crystal ball to hand.

With the Kodiaq the numbers are saying that it will have probably just cost me the interest on the loan over the last 15months and I would get all my equity back plus at least an extra 33% on what I put in.... so selling now seems a no brainer....

Had a call today out the blue from the dealers to say my order from 16th May with a build date for mid March 2022 has now been brought forward from mid march to the 10th of January, Great news if it happens..

Hopefully this is a sign that the factory is moving through there backlog and as such others on here will get similar news...

Had a call today out the blue from the dealers to say my order from 16th May with a build date for mid March 2022 has now been brought forward from mid march to the 10th of January, Great news if it happens..

Hopefully this is a sign that the factory is moving through there backlog and as such others on here will get similar news...
Noted this with interest @Maxicall, as I ordered mine 21st May. Reading back I see you ordered a Shuttle - do you mind sharing your spec?

Oh, and congrats on your news btw :)

It’s so random - my previous build date last week has slipped to April - changing towbar regulation was mentioned…. Disappointing

We could just about manage with the current fleet in the short term if I sell the Kodiaq now but longer term we are thinking that a pair of transporters could be the future for us so getting one now might work out OK if its a long term plan....
Advice needed!

1. The slightly older manual version (T6) (the wife's preference could become her car once I get a new one built) which looks a bit more funky - has some extras fitted, more local but would need a towbar adding and is cheaper
2. The newer version (T6.1) automatic, with a towbar, but further away and more expensive

Which one would you go for?

Thanks

Back