T6.1 new order delays

57 weeks since ordered, van been “in build” since 13th Sept but awaiting parts (semiconductors) and the VW chat system is down so no updates there and the VW Van Centre does not have any either, I honestly don’t think I have waited for anything else as long, maybe just learning to drive.

57 weeks since ordered, van been “in build” since 13th Sept but awaiting parts (semiconductors) and the VW chat system is down so no updates there and the VW Van Centre does not have any either, I honestly don’t think I have waited for anything else as long, maybe just learning to drive.
I'm in exactly the same position now, build week was 2 weeks ago and no change in status.

Well having read this thread I am thoroughly fed up.

We placed an order for a Transporter/Shuttle DSG LWB in February 2021. The only options we have on it are a electric sliding doors both sides, electric tailgate, tow bar and also sliding windows on both sides.

We originally were expecting it in July. Well that has obviously come and gone and no van. Next we were told it was week 38 build. That then flip-flopped between 38 and 43. Anyway last week (week 39) I was told the van is definitely in build. This week I was told it’s in build but in hold due to parts shortages.

VW simply haven’t got a clue or don’t want to tell people anything. The only problem is that this isn’t a like for like replacement van, it’s going to be adapted to get my wife’s large wheelchair in through the rear tailgate. He current car (SEAT) has a leaking sunroof that the dealer has fully replaced 3 times and we now just suffer with wet and mould in there as without it she can’t get around at all.

I just wish they would start telling customers the truth. A real date or just say they haven’t got a clue is all I am sure customers are really asking for.
Completely agree with you @BRABUS. It is appaling how a company of this size that makes billions in profit year in year out can treat new and loyal customers with radio silence during a significant ,costly and important purchase. They have no idea of the range of emotions we are all going through since we made the decision to buy VW.
Would it really be a massive deal, to inform each and every person who has ordered, the reason we are not seeing our new vehicles when expected rather than vague hearsay or reading something that maybe secondhand or yesterday's news. We really have no idea what its like on the shop floor atm.
It is inconveniencing us all massively and they have no understanding of this so some kind of explanation from HQ would really go along way to rebuilding customer relations. I think we all know in the world we are living in today they may not be able to give us a definitive individual answer but anything would go some way.
There will probably come a time in the not too distant future when my 'need' for a new van will expire and ill make other arrangements, but others maybe in far worse situations than me and it is those I feel for more, although it appears that VW dont give a xxxx about any of us.
Not wanting to be pessimistic (I am normally an optimistic kind of guy) and with the way things are atm in the world, I have a slight feeling I may never see my van as it seems to be one thing after another!!
Rant over.

Just been advised that wait on new Sportline orders is up to 2 years. Apparently dealers are being allocated 1 a month and the one I contacted had 29 on back order. o_O

Completely agree with you @BRABUS. It is appaling how a company of this size that makes billions in profit year in year out can treat new and loyal customers with radio silence during a significant ,costly and important purchase. They have no idea of the range of emotions we are all going through since we made the decision to buy VW.
Would it really be a massive deal, to inform each and every person who has ordered, the reason we are not seeing our new vehicles when expected rather than vague hearsay or reading something that maybe secondhand or yesterday's news. We really have no idea what its like on the shop floor atm.
It is inconveniencing us all massively and they have no understanding of this so some kind of explanation from HQ would really go along way to rebuilding customer relations. I think we all know in the world we are living in today they may not be able to give us a definitive individual answer but anything would go some way.
There will probably come a time in the not too distant future when my 'need' for a new van will expire and ill make other arrangements, but others maybe in far worse situations than me and it is those I feel for more, although it appears that VW dont give a xxxx about any of us.
Not wanting to be pessimistic (I am normally an optimistic kind of guy) and with the way things are atm in the world, I have a slight feeling I may never see my van as it seems to be one thing after another!!
Rant over.
Rant over, but a good rant it was. VW customer service as you rightly point out has been shocking throughout. I think everyone waiting is going through the same rollercoaster of emotions, some through necessity, some, like me, because they finally took the plunge and ordered their life long dream van.. its not good enough regardless, and I hope VW take a long hard look at how they handled this in years to come and realise its not hard to have open and honest communication with their hopefully valued customers who keep them in business.

Unfortunately, like most big powerful organisations , whether governments or business, they really don’t give a flying xxxx about the small man. I’d like to vote with my feet and walk away from VW and this country, but can currently do neither. But the time will come…….

…its not hard to have open and honest communication with their hopefully valued customers who keep them in business…

I totally agree. I work for a large IT company and have the same supply issues as you can imagine. I found that being totally honest with the clients has won more business for us . If only VW could see this.

Just ordered a T32 highline and been quoted delivery in a year. Really wanted a Sportline but was quoted up to 2 years. Might phone around further and see if I can get a better date on a Sportline and if so, order one as well, cancelling whichever ends up latest. Or is that considred poor form.

I think there just making dates up at the moment and have no real idea.

Well our car which yesterday they had no info on has suddenly appeared at the port today ready to ship to the UK. This was a build week 38 if it helps anyone.

Reactions: mjn
Well our car which yesterday they had no info on has suddenly appeared at the port today ready to ship to the UK. This was a build week 38 if it helps anyone.
How on earth can that be? No info one day...at the port the next day! you must be in shock!?o_O

How did you find out? Dealer phone you with the surprise?

Just ordered a T32 highline and been quoted delivery in a year. Really wanted a Sportline but was quoted up to 2 years. Might phone around further and see if I can get a better date on a Sportline and if so, order one as well, cancelling whichever ends up latest. Or is that considred poor form.

I think there just making dates up at the moment and have no real idea.
Bear in mind that the Sportline is a unique UK model. They arrive in the UK as base vans & are “pimped” on arrival in the UK for our market. So it’s doubtful if you will be able to improve on the lead time, unless you can drop on a cancelled order. If you do, it will probably come with a complementary unicorn.

so many conflicting posts...ordered a t32 higline back end of august,was told today build week 22, approx end of may
That’s consistent with what I’m being told for my T32 Highline………..ordered end of June with predicted build week 11 so March 14th

Back