T6.1 new order delays

Whoop, whoop with bells on! I am told mine is built!
I am turning myself inside out with excitement, but the next 4-5 weeks are going to be a killer wait now I know it exists! :think smile bounce:
Good for you @Samro..hopefully the last piece to the jigsaw will run smoothly!! :thumbsup:

I ordered the very same thing 28th Jan this year. Dealers told me its being built this month, he hopes. Nothing confirmed yet.
Oh wow...there is hope and optimism things are crawling along...fingers crossed for you. Your dealer must have some more info if he's hinted at that but he will be in for some serious stick im sure if nothing comes of it...nothing like dangling the carrot!! ;)

Oh wow...there is hope and optimism things are crawling along...fingers crossed for you. Your dealer must have some more info if he's hinted at that but he will be in for some serious stick im sure if nothing comes of it...nothing like dangling the carrot!! ;)
Hahah it wont be the first time its happened and I've been let down. But genuinely I dont envy him as the whole supply chain things just a mess. He does know Im biking to work everyday now as I got rid of my last motor… so theres some extra pressue on him to come up with the goods! :think smile bounce:

Its a long story, but I originally ordered two vehicles in July 2020!

After my money was returned by a third party who could not supply the vehicles, I reordered them again through Oli @BognorMotors in February. Oli is very knowledgeable and been a great help. He is a really nice bloke and has really looked after me during what has become a pretty frustrating time.

I wish I had known about him when i had placed my original orders.

(BTW I sure I recall him saying he'd do me an amazing deal on wheels if i sing his praises.) :slow rofl:
Also ordered with Oli at @BognorMotors and have to say he was fantastic. Provisional date was January but having spoken to Justin while Oli was away I think I’m being optimistic to expect delivery by March. At least it’ll be on a brand new plate and I’ll have had an extra few months to save for all the extras!
Desperately want it to arrive soon enough to have it converted by summer but it sounds like the dealers are being kept massively in the dark with what VW are actually doing! ‍

Yes agreed...maybe I should of gone for a Startline 102:cry:, probably have it by now!
Would have made no difference.

Since they’ve cancelled all the rental dealer orders (lots of our own fleet) the orders seem to be coming through a bit quicker.

I’ve called CJL Leisure everyday this week asking for an update- my van was (maybe is) scheduled for delivery early November.

Every day they have promised to call me straight back- and never do.

Reckon the van is delayed until some point in ‘22 and they don’t want to tell me?

I’ve called CJL Leisure everyday this week asking for an update- my van was (maybe is) scheduled for delivery early November.

Every day they have promised to call me straight back- and never do.

Reckon the van is delayed until some point in ‘22 and they don’t want to tell me?
It’s probably simply that the dealer is expecting good news for you imminently. You‘ve got to bear in mind that the dealers must be getting pretty frustrated too! Can you imagine your working day consisting of speaking to so many cheesed off customers every day?

It’s probably simply that the dealer is expecting good news for you imminently. You‘ve got to bear in mind that the dealers must be getting pretty frustrated too! Can you imagine your working day consisting of speaking to so many cheesed off customers every day?
I can understand that for sure- but telling me repeatedly that they’re going to call me, then not doing so does lead me to fear the worst. Saying something along the lines of “we don’t know, and won’t know until next week- can I call you then?” Would make me less suspicious that they have given “my” van to someone else in the queue.

It’s a shame you can’t check direct with VW by providing your order number.

I can understand that for sure- but telling me repeatedly that they’re going to call me, then not doing so does lead me to fear the worst. Saying something along the lines of “we don’t know, and won’t know until next week- can I call you then?” Would make me less suspicious that they have given “my” van to someone else in the queue.

It’s a shame you can’t check direct with VW by providing your order number.
You can try with your order number via the online chat, but they normally refer you back to your dealer.

Well having read this thread I am thoroughly fed up.

We placed an order for a Transporter/Shuttle DSG LWB in February 2021. The only options we have on it are a electric sliding doors both sides, electric tailgate, tow bar and also sliding windows on both sides.

We originally were expecting it in July. Well that has obviously come and gone and no van. Next we were told it was week 38 build. That then flip-flopped between 38 and 43. Anyway last week (week 39) I was told the van is definitely in build. This week I was told it’s in build but in hold due to parts shortages.

VW simply haven’t got a clue or don’t want to tell people anything. The only problem is that this isn’t a like for like replacement van, it’s going to be adapted to get my wife’s large wheelchair in through the rear tailgate. He current car (SEAT) has a leaking sunroof that the dealer has fully replaced 3 times and we now just suffer with wet and mould in there as without it she can’t get around at all.

I just wish they would start telling customers the truth. A real date or just say they haven’t got a clue is all I am sure customers are really asking for.

Well having read this thread I am thoroughly fed up.

We placed an order for a Transporter/Shuttle DSG LWB in February 2021. The only options we have on it are a electric sliding doors both sides, electric tailgate, tow bar and also sliding windows on both sides.

We originally were expecting it in July. Well that has obviously come and gone and no van. Next we were told it was week 38 build. That then flip-flopped between 38 and 43. Anyway last week (week 39) I was told the van is definitely in build. This week I was told it’s in build but in hold due to parts shortages.

VW simply haven’t got a clue or don’t want to tell people anything. The only problem is that this isn’t a like for like replacement van, it’s going to be adapted to get my wife’s large wheelchair in through the rear tailgate. He current car (SEAT) has a leaking sunroof that the dealer has fully replaced 3 times and we now just suffer with wet and mould in there as without it she can’t get around at all.

I just wish they would start telling customers the truth. A real date or just say they haven’t got a clue is all I am sure customers are really asking for.

from what my dealer told me it is electric doors that can really delay a build.

Well thats good news.... I've ordered twin electric sliders and electric tailgate.....
Ditto, bugger.

Still, how come there are a tales on this forum, of Sportlines ordered in March and beyond, arriving? They're full of toys aren't they?

Back