T6.1 new order delays

I placed an order on Saturday and have been told today to expect delivery in December/January, so that's 8/9 months.

I placed an order 2 weeks ago and still haven’t been given a build week or any indication of a delivery date.

Placed an order on the 25th March, been accepted by LWG's mate at the factory and went on chat last week and they advised me to check back in 2-3weeks time. #TheNationalVWVanDealerLottery

Ordered SWB T28 Panel in the middle of March - build week confirmed today by the dealer as w/c 27th Sep. Dealer has said build week might bounce about from now until 2 weeks before, and then it’s locked in.
To be fair, when I ordered they told me they thought it would be September........let’s just hope it bounces forward instead of backwards, but having read some of the comments here I can only hope and keep my fingers crossed!

My dealer said yesterday that the factory is having a complete reset. All vans that had a provisional build date (mine) now haven’t got one. They will be reallocated a build slot in the next 2-3 weeks.

I tried to alter my order and was told I couldn’t as I would lose my price protection. The first quarter offer (when I ordered) on VW finance is better than the second quarter.
I wanted to upgrade the media unit, but it would have cost me £2400 instead of £1200!

You may be glad you didn’t upgrade the head unit - sat nav is atrocious apparently!

You may be glad you didn’t upgrade the head unit - sat nav is atrocious apparently!
Apparently you can’t search for postcodes on it!
I only wanted it for the bigger screen and wireless app connect. Always use Waze.

Things must be moving forward now, Caravelle Exec T32 4 Motion, quite an extensive Spec - ordered Week 8, confirmed build Week 18, Delivery date to MD Week 22 (31/05) considering it was forecast September earliest that feels like a result.

Things must be moving forward now, Caravelle Exec T32 4 Motion, quite an extensive Spec - ordered Week 8, confirmed build Week 18, Delivery date to MD Week 22 (31/05) considering it was forecast September earliest that feels like a result.
Lucky you! Has your dealer confirmed this?

Once again things go from bad to worse for my situation.

Because my main dealer order in November 2020 had no allocation in the Feb #TheNationalVWVanDealerLottery and I was given October 2021 delivery at best, I was forced at considerably more money to place another order at another dealer for a week 17 provisional build. I find today that provisional build is now week 26. What a lottery this is.

So frustrating as I tried to place an order in September with a converter who changed the game on me after months of conversation and site visits. “I will charge you too much money to source a van given your knowledge. Buy yourself is my advice” Then a 3rd party whose unsolicited approach slowed me down in October giving me a deal that could not be fulfilled. I then ordered through the ‘best’ dealer in November to be lied to about their build slots.

All I want to do is buy the van I always wanted. Two holidays now at risk as I doubt even the ‘security 2nd van’ won’t be here before August now.

I am so frustrated with this. I am a discerning guy with a good budget but getting shafted at every move I make.

Are others in a similar situation or am I somehow getting this very wrong?
Posted the exact same post in Facebook T6.1 group and they didn’t authorise it. Interesting.....

I have a 199ps 4 motion on order in Australia and I received this email from VW today.
An update on your Transporter
We're keeping you in the loop about any possible changes that will affect the delivery of your Transporter.

We have recently been advised that the production of the T6.1 Range is being impacted by global shortages in components required to manufacture DSG vehicles. Unfortunately, as a result, any T6.1 models that are yet to be built (including your Transporter order) will be delayed by up to 5 weeks.

We will continue to update you with further production information and revised delivery dates as soon as this information becomes available.

Thanks again for choosing Volkswagen and we hope to be in touch very soon with some better news.

5 weeks delay is not to bad but with shipping I still hope it arrives in August.

Back